09

"An intern training program?"

Kuroo sat down after handing you an informational flier.

"There's a college nearby, so around this time we usually get an intern or two to train,"

You squinted at the paper in your hands,
"Do I have to?"

He chuckled,
"Yeah, you do,"

A sigh escaped you,
"Why me? I'm still relatively new here!"

He shrugged with an apologetic grin,
"Just the way things turned out,"

Well whatever the case, you were done with work for the day, and wouldn't let this minor inconvenience ruin your day.

"See you tomorrow, senpai,"

Kuroo waved from his desk,
"See ya,"

~•~

On your way back home from work, you spotted a neat little cafe. It was a bit odd how you'd never seen or heard of it before, but maybe you just never noticed it.

But going in the cafe alone just didn't seem like it'd be a good experience.

That's when you saw a familiar face walking alone down the sidewalk.

"Iwaizumi! Over here! Hey! Look over here!"

It was practically impossible for him to not hear your booming voice as you waved him over to you, an embarrassed expression painting his face as some strangers began to stare.

He hurriedly rushed over to you so you'd be quiet, not actually wanting to physically silence you. Even though it brought him some embarrassment, it felt kind of nice to be called over like that. It made him feel appreciated.

"It's nice to see you Iwaizumi,"

"It's nice to see you too, now could you tell me why the hell you were calling me over like that?"

You pointed to the nearby cafe,
"I wanted to try out this cafe with you. Unless you're busy that is, I totally understand if-"

Your words were cut off as he grabbed onto your arm before dragging you inside the cafe.

"What was that for?"

"I didn't want to risk you shouting again,"

That's what he said, but the reality was that in the heat of the moment he knew he'd be unable to form a verbal response, which led to his actions.

After a moment of settling down into your seats, a nice worker came over and took your orders. Once the worker was out of earshot, you brought your head closer to Iwaizumi, who was sitting across from you.

In a whispering voice, you spoke,
"That server guy was totally into me!"

The athletic trainer raised an eyebrow as he crossed his arms,
"Oh really?"

You nodded as your eyes darted about the cafe to make sure no one else was listening,
"I could tell just by the way he was looking at me!"

Your overconfidence was beginning to remind him of a friend of his, and he wasn't sure whether or not he liked that too much.

"You're really that confident he likes you because he looked at you a certain way?"

"I mean, who wouldn't want a piece of this!"

The silence was deafening.

"Iwaizumi, I'm joking,"

A slight smile formed on his lips as he watched you explain,
"Sure you were,"

As you continued to defend yourself, your drinks had arrived, both of them looking very tasty.

You held your drink up to your friend,
"Cheers!"

It took a moment, but he ended up clinking his cup with yours, and a good time was had by the both of you.

After a while, the topic somehow shifted to your future redecoration plans.

"Yeah my new couch should be arriving tomorrow, I just gotta figure out a way to get it into my apartment. I was thinking about hiring someone to do it for me, but I'm not too sure about-"

"I'll do it!"

A moment of silence passed before a bright smile plastered your face,
"Really? You'll help me?"

A bit surprised from your sudden energy, Iwaizumi couldn't help but feel a certain heat rise to his cheeks as he spoke,
"I mean, yeah. I wouldn't want you wasting your money on movers. Besides, I haven't had the chance to visit your apartment yet,"

"Gosh Iwaizumi, you're so nice! Alright, I get off work around 4:00 PM tomorrow, does that work for you?"

He nodded, quite proud of himself.

The two of you chatted for a bit more before you went your separate ways, both of you feeling a bit better after spending time with a friend.

Tomorrow would be great.

_______________________

You'll never guess who your intern will be