13

"Make sure ya get my good side, alright?"
The box dyed blonde instructed.

"Every side's your good side, Atsumu!"
You replied, earning you a bright smile from him.

Sakusa scoffed at the interaction, wondering how someone could be so vain, and why you'd inflate that man's ego like that.

"Pictures turned out great as usual, Atsumu!"
You commented before approaching Sakusa.

"Your turn, Sakusa!"

He grimaced,
"Do I really have you?"

Disappointed showed clearly on your face,
"Ah, I don't want to force you if you don't want to. I can just use an older photo..."

"I'll do it,"
He said without missing a beat.

Damnit why was he so weak!

Atsumu didn't even get to smirk at him for a single millisecond before Sakusa shot him with a glare,
"Not a word, Miya,"

The blonde just pouted as you proceeded to take photos of the dark haired player, complimenting him as you guided him through the shots.

Eventually you moved onto the captain, and the rest of the players watched with disgust as the two of you flirted.

"Is that a new cologne I smell, (y/n)?"
He asked.

You chuckled,
"Why yes, thank you for noticing, captain Meian,"

Whenever the two of you came in contact with each other, it was as if you flirted solely to irritate the other players. And that was literally the reason you and him flirted with each other.

The two of you just thought it'd be funny to make the other players slightly uncomfortable, so before you'd get to the team, the two of you would text each other with the flirty remarks you'd use.

Though somewhere down the line, Meian's flirting became genuine, though he'd keep that a secret.

He smiled,
"We're still on for dinner tonight, right?"

You paused for a moment. This wasn't in the script! But then again...

"Only if you're paying,"
You answered with a mischievous smile.

"It's a deal then,"
He was this close to calling it a date, but he didn't want to jeopardize his friendship with you.

Atsumu and Sakusa exchanged a look and nodded, already scheming.

~•~

"Sorry I'm late! I was editing the photos and lost track of time,"
You apologized as you sat down across from the volleyball captain.

He smiled,
"It's no big deal, what matters is that you're here now,"

You let out a relieved sigh, then noticed how this was the first time you'd ever seen the man out of uniform.
"You clean up nice,"

His cheeks went a slight pink,
"Thanks,"

After the two of you ordered your meals, you began talking again.

"Did you see the look on their faces? It was priceless!"

He laughed with you,
"We make a good team, don't we?"

"Yeah, we do,"

Meanwhile, two other MSBY members watched you and their captain sharing a meal from a table of their own in the distance, scowling.

"Ya really think they're dating?"
Atsumu asked.

Sakusa shook his head,
"I saw their texts, they only flirt to tease the rest of us,"

Then he raised a brow,
"Why do you care if they're dating so much?"

"I could ask the same about you!"
Atsumu quickly retorted.

The two continued to watch as you and Meian conversed and ate, both of you never ceasing to smile. Though they didn't quite know it, they were full on jealous.

They wanted to eat with you alone too!

"I've had fun today Meian, we should do this again sometime,"
You reached for your wallet, but he stopped it.

"It's fine, I've got it covered,"

You smiled,
"My my, what a gentleman! Still being so romantic even though the others aren't here to see,"

You then laughed a little bit, both elating and saddening the captain.

"I'll see you around, alright?"
You waved before leaving.

Once you'd left, the captain let out a long sigh. He somehow completely forgot that the two of you weren't even on an actual date. As far as you knew, it was just a friendly outing. Maybe one day he'd tell you just how serious about you he was...

But that wouldn't be for a long time.

And for now, he'd have to focus on scolding two very nosy volleyball players whom he noticed immediately as they walked into the restaurant.

"You two have got a lot of explaining to do,"

The two of them gulped anxiously as they braces themselves for their punishment.

_______________

Meian lowkey hot and underrated