24

"Wow Kita, you're so cool! Let's get married!"
Is pretty much what you were saying according to Kuroo.

"If yer not a fan of bugs, don't go to any vending machines at night, they all like to buzz around there,"
Kita informed you while you took notes like a diligent student would.

Kita had been giving the two of you a brief tour of the area surrounding the inn you were staying at, just giving you the basics.

Although you'd only known Kita for about an hour, the two of you already seemed to be buddy-buddy with each other, which slightly annoyed Kuroo.

Just as you had placed your trust and faith into him, someone swoops in and steals it from him! Granted that someone was definitely more qualified than him and would ultimately enhance his vacation, but still!

It was nice to feel like he was helpful.

"Kita, could I ask what you do for work?"
You asked.

"Me? I'm a rice farmer. It's nothin flashy, but it's honest work,"

Kuroo could swear he saw your eyes sparkle.

"That's so cool! I've always wondered what it'd be like to be a farmer, could I do an article about you?"

Kita blinked, your words being a bit too fast for him to process.
"Me? I'm sorry, but I'm sure I'd just bore your readers,"

You shook your head,
"That's nonsense! You provide a very important service to the world, and the people should know where their food comes from,"

Kita smiled at your words, a slight blush rose to his cheeks from your flattery,
"Well if ya put it that way... I wouldn't mind answering a few questions,"

You smiled back at him,
"Great!"

You looked back to your coworker,
"You hear that Kuroo? I got an interview!"

He gave you a thumbs up, forcing a smile,
"Good for you,"
'''

After talking with Kita for a while, the sun had begun to set.

"It was great talking with you Kita, I can't wait to see you tomorrow!"

He nodded with a warm smile,
"Same here. Take care,"

As he walked away, you turned around to Kuroo with a suspicious look.
"You got something you want to get off your chest?"

He nervously looked away with guilt,
"I have no idea what you're talking about,"

You rolled your eyes,
"C'mon senpai, I wasn't born yesterday. The silence, the forced smile and small talk. I know something's up,"

He adamantly shook his head, denying all of your claims.

Realizing your interrogations wouldn't get anything out of him, you decided to resort to some more sneaky methods of information gathering.

You took a bottle from your bag and pretended to struggle with it,
"Hmm, I can't seem to open this bottle,"

"Maybe I could ask Kita to open it for me,"
You continued.

And just like that, Kuroo grabbed the bottle from you, trying to open it himself.
"You don't need to do that, I'm right here!"

Right as he said that, he froze knowing he'd been caught.
"Ah,"

You pointed at him with a proud grin,
"I KNEW IT! YOU'RE JEALOUS!"

"Shut up! I'm not jealous of anyone!"
He denied.

You shook your head,
"Uh uh, you were totally jealous because of something Kita was doing. But what?"
You took a moment to think about it, and all he could do was hope you wouldn't figure it out.

"I've figured it out!"

Damnit!

"It's because Kita swooped in at the last minute to save us, isn't it?"

Tired of lying, Kuroo gave in and nodded.

He sighed, chuckling quietly at himself,
"I'm stupid, aren't I? Getting jealous over someone who was just trying to help us,"

You shook your head, leading him to a bench for the two of you to rest on,
"It's perfectly human to feel a little jealous sometimes,"

He smiled a little at your words,
"Yeah yeah, you're right. I think I just liked the thought of being useful for a bit. Lately I feel like I haven't been contributing much..."

"Kuroo-senpai, you're one of the most helpful people I know! I wouldn't be nearly as comfortable at work as I am now if it wasn't for you!"

He rolled his eyes,
"C'mon now, you're just saying that to make me feel better,"

"Oh shush with that! You're always helping organize office events, volleyball events, and just by being here you were able to elevate my experience in Hyogo,"

He stared into your eyes, trying to discern whether or not you were telling the truth. And much to his surprise, you were.

"God this is embarrassing..."
He said with a sigh, stretching his arms before standing up.

A genuine grin formed on his lips as he looked down at you,
"Alright, you've convinced me, I'm an amazing person,"

You laughed, standing up and playfully punching his shoulder,
"Glad I could help. What should we get for dinner tonight?"

A lightbulb went off in his head as he realized the opportunity you were giving him,
"Well, there is this restaurant I've heard good things about..."

___________

IDK why i made him a loser this chapter but that's alright sometimes we are all losers (not me tho yall stay safe)