18

"Thanks for coming with me to the arcade, Kenma,"
You thanked the shorter man next to you as you walked into the arcade.

He shrugged,
"It's no big deal,"

He said that if he hadn't immediately responded when Kuroo asked him if he'd go to the arcade with you.

Don't look at him like, it totally wasn't pathetic!

It's just that he didn't really have too many people he'd call friends, and with his fame and fortune it grew increasingly hard for him to find someone who wasn't just in it for the benefits.

But as far as he knew, you had no idea who he was other than being Kuroo's childhood friend, and he enjoyed that.

It was also a nice bonus that you were friends with his friends, so if Kuroo or Hinata invited him to hang out, he could safely bring you along too to act as an anchor if his friends were extra energetic.

To him, you were the best of both worlds. You had enough energy for you and him, but were level headed and wouldn't rope him into something he wouldn't like.

The main reason you were at the arcade was to do an article on its recent opening . Of course you didn't want to be a grown man at an arcade alone, so you asked Kuroo to come with you.

Unfortunately for you, he was "busy," but assured you he'd find someone to go with.

So here you were with Kenma, walking around the arcade and taking photos of the various machines.

"Wow, you're really good at this, Kenma!"

He smirked while blasting away at his enemies,
"Glad you think so. You're not bad yourself,"

GAME OVER

"You don't have to lie for my sake, Kenma,"
You said defeatedly.

The two of you decided to move to the claw machines, aiming to win some nice loot.

"That dog plush's so cute! I'll get it if it's the last thing I do!"
You exclaimed before putting your money in the machine.

Five attempts and you still got nothing.

"This damned thing's rigged!"
You quietly shouted, with Kenma getting a kick out of your failure.

Deciding to show off a little, he swiftly used the crane to grab the plush you wanted, safely transporting it to the drop off.

He held out the plushie to you,
"You can have it,"

You held the plushie in your hands, smiling at it before smiling at your friend.

"Thanks, Kenma! Hey, why don't we take a selfie? My folks back home keep telling me I need to post more,"

He agreed with the idea, and the two of you took a quick photo with the stuffed animal.

"Kenma, is it okay if I post your face? I know sometimes people aren't comfortable with that,"

He thought about it for a moment. If you did post that picture with him, you might end up finding out who he was, but at the same time, being on your instagram would kind of be an achievement seeing as it'd be your first post in a year...

"You can post it, but could you block out my face?"

"Sure!"
You tapped around on your phone before you posted the photos, showing them to Kenma.

"You blocked my face out with heart emoji's? People are gonna think you're dating someone,"

You shrugged,
"Eh, I'll just tell them I'm not if they ask,"

He nodded along, though a part of him did enjoy the idea of people thinking the two of you were dating. Wait what?! No, you were just a friend! A friend he wanted to spend a lot of time with sure, but still, there was no romance here! Right?

"I've really enjoyed our time together, Kenma. I know you probably have things to do, so we can call it a day, alright?"
You actually had no clue what Kenma did for a living, but judging from what Kuroo said and how Kenma acted, you figured he probably had one of those stay at home tech jobs.

"I-I don't have anything to do, and I brought my switch, so we could hang out at your place if you want..."
Hearing himself Kenma cringed. He sounded like a total loser!

"You really bring that thing with you everywhere, don't you? I'm up for it though,"

He let out a silent sigh of relief, and walked with you back to your apartment.

"You're here on one of the few days Hinata isn't,"
You commented while you unlocked your door.

"He's here often?"

You chuckled,
"Pretty much every other day. Makes sense though, off season and everything,"

He hummed in response, making a note to tag along with his orange haired friend on his routine visits.

It was nice having someone in real life to play games with, even if the selection of co-op games was limited. Playing with Kuroo was fun too, but he wasn't too into that, and always seemed to be busy.

A few hours later and you were sending the streamer back home with a box of cookies, wishing him safe travels.

"Let's do this again sometime, alright?"

He nodded with a small smile,
"Okay. I'll see you next time,"

You waved to him as he called a taxi, smiling as he looked down at the photos you'd texted to his phone.

You were nice.

_____________________

Atsumu next chapter and now I'll let you vote:

Option A.) I'll come up with something probably that isn't option B

Option B.) you're making a maid dress for a client and need him to be your model