7

Thanks for 1k+ reads!
_______________________

The day before your deadline you finally had made the time to interview Hinata. It had been pretty difficult finding a day where your schedules aligned, and it was even harder trying to keep him focused.

Almost every time you asked him about the interview, he got sidetracked and attempted to invite you to something. You politely declined his offers due to the fact that you'd be too tired after work to go out, and the fact that you didn't want to take care of a drunk man.

But today was the day you were getting that interview!

You made your way to the door of his house, and before you could even knock, he opened the door excitedly.

"You're here!"

"Indeed I am! Were you just waiting at the door for me?"

He shook his head earnestly,
"I heard you walking so I opened the door. Now come inside, my mom and sister are gonna be gone for a bit,"

He welcomed into his- well his mom's house.

And then the interview began.

~•~

"You've got quite the interesting past, Hinata," you scribbled some things down on your notepad.

He chuckled, scratching the back of his head,
"You think so?"

You nodded, your eyes not leaving your paper,
"Mhm. It makes me wish we met earlier though,"

He leaned forward a bit in his seat, curious to your reasoning,
"Why's that?"

You put your pen down to look at him with a soft smile,
"I could've cheered you on if we'd met, then again, I didn't really go to sport events during high school that much... it's a nice thought though, isn't it?"

Hinata nodded happily, imagining having someone cheering for him in high school. That would've been so cool!

"You can still cheer for me! You should watch me practice sometime, you can take pictures if you want,"

He led you to the door, and you gave him one last smile,
"That sounds great! But for now, I should probably get to typing up this interview. It was nice talking with you Hinata, I'll see you again sometime,"

"See ya!"

He waved to you as you left, and as soon as the door shut he ran to his room, jumping onto his bed.

Why was his heart beating so fast?

And why did he want to spend more time with you so badly?

Each nice thing you said just made his chest swell up with some foreign emotion, one which he knew wasn't bad.

Maybe a bit of practice would help him clear his mind.

~•~

"(L/n), dude! You gotta hang out with me!"

Currently a large owl was clinging onto your arm, probably a bit drunk considering the redness on his face.

You were just on a last minute run from the convenience store when he'd approached you by yelling your name loudly across the street, running over to you.