Part 12

At the hospital...

"This is all my fault." Becky whisper as she glanced to see Freen sleeping in the hospital bed.

"Its not your fault N'Bec." Faye said tapping her shoulder to comfort her. "And the doctor already given her medicine and they said she just need some rest to recover. She'll be fine."

Faye end up driving them to the hospital as to Freen's request. She also accompany them all through out.

"Thank you P'Faye. I'm sorry for all the trouble. Also, About your car—-"

"Its okay. My car needs carwash anyway so you do not have to worry about it." Faye said to cut her off.

Freen vomit twice or thrice in her car on their way here. Becky keeps on apologizing on Freen's behalf but for Faye its not really a big deal and she understand that it was something that can not be controlled.

"Thank you again. I owe you big time."

Faye smile.

"You don't owe me anything. Truth is, its Freen that owe us two." She said smiling. "We basically save her life." Faye added jokingly.

Becky tried her best to smile. "I am useless. I should learn how to drive so I can take care of her."

"You always take care of her." Faye said emphasizing the word 'always' as she saw how consistent Becky with Freen.

"I'm crazy, right?"

"Nah! You just know what you want which is impressive. Its like you are really infatuated, inlove or adore her as an idol— I do not know which one."

"I do not know too.. whichever it is, I just want to be beside her. And I do not want to see her sad. I want her on my side even though she is a little bit mean to me sometimes."

"Don't you want a gentle person like you? I honestly do not approve on how she treats you sometimes. But I do think that she likes you." Faye smile. She saw Freen move. She knows that her friend heard it but just pretend to sleep.

"She like me? Please do not feed my delusional thought.." She said laughing before she continues. " Honestly, I also want her to be gentle towards me. I don't care if she would ever like me. I just want her to be kinder to me."

"I hope she'll learn to treat you right because if not, I have someone that I will recommend. She is way better than this one." She said pointing to Freen. "And with that, I think I can go now. I know that you will take care of her." She said smiling.

Becky just nod at her as Faye walks out the room.

Few minutes later, Freen open her eyes and acted as if she just woke up. Becky explained to her what happened. There is no poison on her food. Its a spoiled food that she ate because she can not tell the difference as she can not smell anything and her sense of taste is also weak. She was so hungry that she finished a bowl of spoiled food.

"Faye just left." She inform her. "Do you want me to call your Mom or brother to help you out here?" She asked.

"No need. I want to be discharged today."

"No. You can't. You need to stay here for atleast 24 hours to observe."

"Its okay. You may leave now. I can manage myself for 24 hours.. and I will call them when I need to extend." Freen said assuming that Becky will leave now that she is conscious .

"I will stay here." She said with a smile and quickly help her sitdown.

"Okay. Thank you." ☺️

This scenario feels familiar. Its just that Becky is the one taking care of Freen. She remembers that in 7th street it was reverse. Freen is the one that is looking after her and Becky is the one that is sick.

Dimensions are like mirror....

Is Freen sick in this dimension? And Faye said that she thinks that Freen likes me too...

Could it be....

"P'Freen, tell me. Do you like me but just afraid to confess because you have terminal illness?" She asked thinking out loud that made Freen flustered.

"What the heck is that? Are you writing a cheesy teen romance novel?" Freen laughed.

"No! I'm serious. Are you terminally ill?" She asked determine.

Freen look at her.

There is confusion in her gaze but Freen saw that Becky is really serious about the question. Freen sighed and faces Becky seriously too.

"Trust me, I know I am healthy. I always do full check up yearly. If there is something wrong, I would know early on." She said to reassure Becky.

Becky seemed confused and sad right now.

"Are you not happy to know that I am healthy?" Freen asked.

Becky smile at her with her sad eyes.

"I am happy. But that could also mean that there is no chance that you like me too cause you have no reason not to confess. If you are perfectly healthy, you have no reason to hide what you really feel." She speak her mind again to which Freen smirk and shake her head.

"There could be another reason tho.."

"What do you mean? I don't get it."

"You always don't get it." She smile slyly and look away.

***

After that incident, Freen become a little bit warm towards Becky. She is not stone cold anymore. She still acts tough on her publicly but she is playful and dare to say 'sweet' when there is just two of them or few people that she is fully comfortable with.

This is like a dream come true to Becky.

Slowly, she can see a reflection of 7th street Freen on this Freen's version. They are not too different from each other. She don't need to go to 7th street just to feel seen and appreciated by Freen.

"I think I am falling." She whisper to herself as she stare at Freen walking towards her with the brightest smile she ever seen.

"What did you say?" Freen asked.

"Nothing. I said, you look so happy."

"I sure am!" She replied still with huge smile and eyes locked to her eyes. "I bought this for you." She said and handed her a paper bag before left.

Becky peaked at the bag and saw her favorite smacks in there.

She smile... she feel like she is on cloud nine.

Am I dreaming?

She is falling inlove really hard with her Freen.