Part 25

Becky run to the park. She was catching her breath when she get there.

Becky immediately close her eyes and whisper Freen's name...then open her eyes back again.

Damn! It did not work!

Becky thought of something. The last time she teleport back was when they .... 🫣
She blushes thinking about it.

"Do we need to do it so I can go to 7th street?" She ask herself out loud.

No way... but she can try, right?

She was about to run back home when she saw Lilly in the crowd. Lilly is talking to a child nearby. She quickly change her direction and run towards the Lady.

"Hey! I need your help. I need to go to 7th street. I need to warn Freen and my other self that Irin is the culprit." She said panting.

Lilly looked at her and smile.

"Don't you think they know it already by this time?"

"Yes. But I need to make sure that they are okay." Becky insisted.

"No. The portal is close now. You can not come and go to 7th street now."

"Portal is close? How can I reopen it?"

"You can not. Becky's body in 7th street can no longer accommodate you." She said to which Becky paused for a while.

"What do you mean? My other self is dying already?" She asked scared of the possibility.

Lilly gave her a sad smile.

"I'm sorry."

Becky knees got weak. She sat down slowly.

"Who would protect P'Freen now?" She said sadly.

"I can not say. I'm sorry."

"But there will be another one that will protect her, right?" Her voice cracked. She is trying to hold back her emotion but her eyes automatically pour into tears.

The lady approach her and tap her shoulder.

"Yes. She will be fine."

"Thank you, Lilly." Becky said and left.

The lady stand there with sad face and stare at Becky's back. Then slowly... she smile and laugh.

"We talked twice already. You still call me Lilly but my name is not Lilly." The lady said and giggle. The Lady that Becky just had conversation with is Tulips and not Lilly. Tulips is also the one that Becky talked with in the beach side.

The real Lilly showed up nearby.

"Tulips... thank you for guarding my post. I can take it from here." Lilly said.

"No worries." Tulips replied and turn her back happily.

Lilly and Tulips are twins sisters. They both guard time and dimension. Lilly is the protector 5th(Becky's original dimension) and 7th (reflection of 5th) while Tulips guard 6th and 8th.

"Hmmm.. Tulips.." Lilly called her twin. "Did someone look for me while I'm gone?" She asked.

"Oh.. yes."

"Who? And what did you said?"

"Your favorite Becky come in. But I said the portal is close..."

"Okay.. did you had fun monitoring them?" She asked because she let Tulips monitor them for awhile.

As the time and dimension gate keepers, they monitor 'slip' of time. For mortals, it happen like a dejavu or a warning in dreams or a sudden strong feeling of intuition. They make sure that only necessary information is given to the mortal travelers to keep the balance of the dimensions. Information that will help them with their decision or life in general.

"Did you ask me to monitor? I thought you said just look at them." Tulips eyes widen.

"Look and monitor are just the same... you did not monitor them? You let Becky stay in 7th street longer?!" She shouted.

Tulips did not respond and just run away.

"You idiot!!!!!!" Lilly chase her sister down.

"You did not use the proper word. Not my fault." Tulips said and pops out to avoid her sister's wrath.

"Ugh! Tulips! What have you done?" Lilly said frustrated as she enter the portal to check what happen while she is away.

***

Becky is crying on her way home. Her phone keeps on ringing but she refuse to answer.

"My P'Freen will be lonely in the other side." She said to herself as she wipe her tears away. "My other self will die...and she will be alone forever. Or maybe find some other to make her happy again." She said and her heart aches a little from that. She can not tell which one hurts more.

She stop when she realize that she is already in front of their house.

"I walked from the park to here?" She said amused of what she have done.

She heave a sigh and open the gate...

"P'Freen..." She called out her name out of surprise.

"I was worried that you are not picking up your phone. Did you talked to Irin already?" There is a hint of fear in her voice.

"No. I did not." She replied with her sad voice. "How are you and P'Faye? Is work okay even there is issue?" She asked.

"Yes. Everything is fine at work. You do not have to worry." Freen smile at her.

Becky slowly approach Freen and hug her.

"I will always be here for you." Becky whisper and hug her tighter. "I promise that I will always be here for you."

Freen hug her back and kiss her forehead.

"I know. And I will always have your back." Freen said as she tap Becky's shoulder to console her. She feels the sadness in her aura.

"I'm so sorry that I did not notice Irin's real intention right away." Becky said and her voice shows how mentally and physically exhausted she is with the situation. "I got blinded with her fake kindness."

"Its okay. Its not your fault." Freen said and break a hug to look at Becky's eyes. "Irin's doing is not yours. I will file charges against her... would that be okay with you?"

Becky's eyes waver. After all— her heart still consider Irin as her bestfriend. She believes that there are still moments that they are genuinely bonded and happy together. Just thinking that Irin might end up in jail or something is hurting her heart as well.

"Hmmm.. yes. I think its due diligence to press charges. She caused so much trouble to you already." She said but her heart screams no.

"Okay. I just want to let you know before I formally file it."

Becky nods...and after a few moments, her phone rings and saw that it was Irin calling.

She answer her phone reluctantly.

"Hello.." Its a voice of a man from the other line. It was not Irin.

"Who is this?"

"This is Nurse Jeremiah. I'm calling to inform you that the owner of this phone Irin is now in the hospital. She is unconscious. If you have any way to reach out her family, please let them know that she is here in *insert hospital name*"

"Is she stable?" She asked.

"No maam. She still unconscious." The Nurse replied and proceed on explaining Irin's condition.

The call ended and she look at Freen.

"P'Freen.. sorry but Irin needs me now." She said and she was about to run away when Freen hold her hand to stop her.

"I will drive you there." Freen said and lead Becky to her car. "Don't worry. She will be fine."

"I know. Thank you."

****