9: He Was Happy But You Changed His Mood

Wrote this in like less than a day. Hope you're happy. That dude in the picture really needs to get their hands out of the way. Ruining our beautiful frerard >:( (Not my picture)

"I'll be able to come and see you soon." Gerard said into the phone as he came down the stairs. He was walking through the house while on the phone with Frank. Lindsey thought it was quite annoying. He called the other man so often that she almost never got the chance to talk to him. Her and Bandit had been staying over at Gerard's house for a couple of days, and so was Mikey. They all noticed that he had been a bit absent, never really talking to anyone, with the exception of him begging Mikey to buy him a ticket so he could fly to Australia and see Frank.

"Oh... I'll call you tomorrow if you're not busy?" He said into the phone, he spoke in a sad tone. So Lindsey could tell he was sad about Frank having to end the phone call. "Bye." Then he hung up. Lindsey let out a soft sigh. She was sitting on the couch in Gerard's living room and could hear the whole phone call that her ex-boyfriend was having with Frank. It irritated her a bit. It was really annoying. He would always talk to Frank and talk about Frank more than anyone. Even when Lindsey and Gerard were dating. It had always been like that, she hated it.

The woman had just convinced Mikey to take Bandit to school for her. She was already in a bad mood because of Gerard, and she did not feel like doing it today. Of course, she was a responsible mother, and a good person to Bandit. She just needed a break. Mikey was not too happy about it at first. But then he decided to take it as an opportunity to get to know his niece

Gerard skipped into the living room, a small grin on his face. He plopped down on the couch next to her, making the couch shake. He looked at her and grinned wider. "Frank said that we can visit him soon!" The man said in a sing song tone. She nodded and smiled back at him.

It was obvious that he was excited to see Frank again. But it was also clear that he was scared. The first phone call he had with him had been a disaster and when he showed the videos to Mikey and her, she could tell by the look on his face. He had found several videos of his friend being dragged into the ambulance with a surprising amount of blood all over him. Mikey had told him to keep off of YouTube for a while because of it. But as you thought, he wouldn't listen, and that was why the man would wake everyone up at 2:00 AM when he found a post with the news of Frank's fake death.

"Did your brother buy you those tickets?" Lindsey asked, leaning back into the couch. He shook his head quickly, staring at the wall and avoiding eye contact with her. She raised an eyebrow and looked back over at him. "How are you going to get all the way to Australia then? You can't really drive there..." Gerard sighed, finally making eye contact with the person next to him.

"Frank said that he's getting out of the hospital in about a week. He's going to stay in a hotel for a while, then he's going back to Jersey." He explained, biting his nails. "I'm going to visit him when he gets out of the hospital and then fly back to Jersey with him." Lindsey nodded, not really sure why he needed to go to Australia just to go back to America again.

"Wait, when are you coming back here?" She asked him. Gerard shrugged, looking uninterested. "When I come back." Lindsey was beginning to get angry. He was being stupid again. She glared at him. "And you're going alone? By yourself?" The man nodded again. "What about Mikey? What about Bandit? What about me?" She snapped at him.

Gerard flinched, looking away from her once again. "Mikey lives with mom." He replied simply, playing with his short brown hair nervously. "And you and Bandit just came back into my life a few days ago. Yes, she's my daughter and I care about her. But I'm not going to drop everything for you." He spat out, crossing his arms angrily. You could tell he was pissed.

Lindsey was taken aback. She scoffed and kept talking. "But you're dropping everything for Frank! You're going all the way to Australia for him!" The woman glared at him. Gerard had tears in his eyes as he got up from the couch. It suddenly dawned on Lindsey that she had made him cry.

"I thought that we could make this work for her. Even if I don't love you. I wanted to do this for Bandit." He growled as he walked over to the door. "Now. Get the fuck out of my house." Gerard said sounding even more angry. Lindsey followed him to the door, stomping her feet.

"And what do you have against Frank?" He asked bitterly, right before she was about to step out the door. She was silent for a moment, as she walked out of her ex-boyfriend's house. Then she opened her mouth to speak, but nothing came out. "He-" Gerard interrupted her. "Who gives a shit." He snarled and then he slammed the door in her face.

Lindsey was not very angry at him anymore. She was more sad than angry. Because everyone else had a nice family. Everyone else could get along. But she always had to do this. But she did not try to do this. She was trying to protect him. Yes, she knew he wasn't a baby, and he was capable of flying across the country, he had done it tons of times when he was on tour. She was just a bit overprotective. But was it wrong to be overprotective of someone who wasn't even yours? She wasn't dating Gerard anymore.

That day she picked Bandit up from school early. She stood in the office, waiting for her child to get there. When Bandit finally came to the office she was huffing and puffing. "Mommy! I ran all the way here. Why did you pick me up early?" She asked in her tiny high-pitched voice.

Lindsey smiled, grabbing her daughter's hand and leading her to the car. "We're going to go back home today." She said simply. Bandit grimaced; she did not look happy about going to her house. "Not to daddy?" She asked sounding very disappointed. Lindsey smiled sadly at the seven-year-old.

"No, I'm sorry. Daddy is going to fly somewhere to see his friend. Remember the friend that he was worried about?" She nodded, looking down at the concrete beneath her tiny feet. Then Bandit looked up at her mom with wide eyes. "But-but... daddy said Frank would be okay..."

Lindsey rolled her eyes. It seemed like everyone was overly obsessed with Frank at this point. Gerard had been hanging out with Bandit while Lindsey was at work. She had assumed that he had told their daughter all about Frank. It disappointed her. Why couldn't he tell Bandit all about her?

"He is okay, sweetheart. He's just going to visit." She explained to her daughter. Bandit nodded. "Can I go with him?" She shook her head. "I'm sorry, darling. He already bought the tickets." But then Lindsey remembered she was going on tour soon. It would be amazing to get Bandit off her hands and not have to pay for a babysitter. "Wait a moment, I'll ask him." Bandit smirked.