🜂 | I Can't Handle Change

[this isn't abou lavashipping at all but i have nowhere else i could put it so lets just enjoy some seabound angst because why noooot~]

[projecting on an unbelievable level i swear to god]

₊˚.༄

"What do you mean, shape? That's what you are."

"What I was, yes. I have to go now." Kai himself felt like he was drowning, even though he wasn't exactly sure why that was. Sure, Nya's unusual appearance was still something fresh for him – for them all – to process and she was acting funny. But this wasn't the first time she fooled around like that. As his sister got older, her pranks became less frequent, but it still was something he could expect. This was no different, of course, she was just messing with them! You know, to ease the tension from the battle!

Even as she walked further away from them, he was sure he knew what Nya was onto.

"I will remember you."

"Remember? What are you talking about?" However, Kai had to admit it was an odd joke. It didn't seem very funny at all! Could he blame her though? Even his jokes got criticised, the Smiths just can't seem to find the perfect audience. "You're not going anywhere?"

Kai felt as if there were two voices in his mind, both fighting to get to speak out loud. But the other one had no idea what it was doing!

"Nya! Stop, wait, listen–" Jay rushed in front of her. "Something is wrong with you."

Hey now, that's not a nice thing to say about Kai's sister.

"You have to concentrate. You have to focus– you have to turn back!" As her watery figure passed through Jay, it vaguely reminded Kai of the times Cole used to be a ghost. They managed that too, surely this wasn't going to be much different – they didn't even have to be so wary of water! Isn't that awesome?

"No. Don't leave me." She turned around.

This is it, thought Kai. This was the moment she was going to burst out laughing, pointing at their faces and making fun of how they completely fell for the obvious joke.

But if this was the plan... why did she turn around? Was there more to it? the joke was becoming to be pretty stretched. Kai would appreciate it if Nya just cut the act already – but he can't ruin the fun, can he? So he'll just stand and wait.

Wait as she reached the edge of the building.

"Nya, I implore you." Oh great, she fooled Wu too! He had to admit, she was pretty convincing. Not bad for someone who wasn't used to doing pranks much. Maybe she practised? "Whatever you're hearing, whatever you're experiencing – fight it, Nya." Holy cow, Kai could not wait to laugh at that one.

It was about time though...

"Remember who you are. Remember."

"I'm Nya."

And you just got pranked!

"I am the sea."

Okay, maybe she's a bit overdoing it now...

"We are one."

Now is the time when you say it's just a joke.

How come Kai could only stand and stare? He wanted to move. Maybe he should put an end to this overly-stretched not-so-funny joke.

"Nya! I– I love you."

"Tell my mother I understand now."

You can tell that herself, come on, Nya, it's gone too far now.