Intro to Alison 💞

"Hi! My name is Alison Montgomery and I am 8 years old. I have been dancing for five years, and it's my favorite thing ever. If I didn't dance, I would probably just be a coach potato." I speak directly into the camera, trying to hide the butterflies iny stomach.

"Perfect. You can go now." The main film-guy says, pausing it.

I hop out of the room and head over to the observation room.

"Mom!" I shout, jumping in her lap. My mom's name is Annie Montgomery and she is probably the kindest woman I have ever met.

"Hi princess! How was your interview?" She smiles at me.

"Not too bad. I thought I was actually going to die!" I giggle into my mom's shoulder as she chuckles.

Suddenly, Miss. Abby pokes her head into the room. We all shush up and look at her. She's kinda scary, especially when her face goes red!

"Hey girls. Everyone has done their interview, yes? 'kay, let's do headshots in groups of two. Maddie, you're with Brooke. Kenz, with Paige. And we can have Chloe with Alison. After that, you're all dismissed." She lectures as I nod dutifully.

I get up and go sit with Paige and Chlo on the floor. We're watching a video of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

"This is my favorite part!" Paige shouts in my ear. I wince. Harry is in class with his crazy teacher! I have one of those, too!

"PAIGE! KENZIE! HEADSHOTS!!" Abby bellows from the lobby.

I wave sadly to Paige as Chloe turns to me with a grin.

"Ali! What are you doing tonight? Do you wanna see if we can have a sleepover?" She whisper-shouts.

I grin eagerly. "Yes! We can get ice cream and watch a movie!"

Let me explain. Chloe and have been bff's since we took our first ballet class together YEARS ago. We both are close in height, so when we have classes or do group numbers, we just go together. Ever since we started hanging out, our MOMS have started hanging out! I love Chloe so much (as a friend, of course)!

"Mom!" We shout at the same time. Christy and mommy share a look before turning to us.

"Can we please, please have a sleepover?!?" I beg, giving her my puppy dog eyes.

They both go on and on telling us all the reasons the answer is no. I would share that with you, but I'll save you from that pit of misery. Finally, they agree to take us for ice cream, instead.

"ALISON!! CHLOE!!!! HEADSHOTS!!!!" Miss. Abby screeches from the other room. We drag our feet all the way there, sad we were defeated by our mums.

They have me take my photos first. I sit on a stool in front of a beige background. The lady named Sharon tells what's going to happen.

"We will take five pictures of you: happy, neutral-pretty, sassy, supermodel, and neutral." She begins trying to rearrange my curls into a messy ponytail.

Once we take the pictures, she prints them off of this machine-thing and passes them to Miss. Abby.

"Oh my God, Ali! These are beautiful! You're perfection, babe!" Abby says in her high-pitched voice. Then she squeezed me really tight in a hug.

"Chloe, it's your turn now. If you're lucky, you will look even remotely like Alison." Abby snaps as Chlo jults up and hurries to the chair.

I hate when Miss. Abby says stuff like that. It's really mean. Chloe doesn't need to look like me at all! Chloe is pretty, prettier than me.

Sometimes, Abby picks on the other girls. I'm sorta the favorite at the studio, and she wants six clones of me. It's stupid.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

Thank y'all so much for dealing with the first chapter! I'm really trying to make this great for you guys! Love ya!

P.S. I DO NOT dance at the aldc at all.

P.P.S I am, however, a dancer at the elite level in my age category, so I do know what I'm talking about. 🥰