Melissa's Turning Point

"Hi, baby!" Miss. Abby squeezes me in a hug as my mom, Bella, and I step into the studio.

"Hi!" I grin. Last week, I did really well! I can't wait for this week's pyramid.

"Okay, girls! Last week, a lot of you won, but that was just one competition. This week, we will be attending Starbound in New Jersey. When we walk into Starbound, you need to be those National champions. Alright. On the bottom, Nia. Simply because of a mistake in the choreography." Miss. Abby lectures her.

"Next, Kendall! You don't draw my eyes in group dances at all. STEP IT UP! Paige, we don't tolerate second place at my studio." I watch as Kelly rolls her eyes.

"Mackenzie, I was fully prepared to put you up in the second row this week. But, when everyone gets a higher score than you and Bella, this is what happens. Maddie! You had a solo, Snow White, and you won! Nice job." Miss. Abby smiles.

'Are you kidding me? BOTH of my daughters had nice little dances that won, and they STILL are in the bottom row!' -Melissa's interview

"Next row! Chloe, the duet was nice. Well done. Ali! I thought you were absolutely beautiful in both the duet and the group dance!" I grin at Chloe.

"And at the top of the pyramid for the first time EVER... Brooke! The solo had a score of 298.8, which is the best score you have ever received." We all cheer. I turn and give her a small hug, which she returns.

"This week, the group dance will be a lyrical routine entitled, 'Born to Dance'. Mackenzie and Belladonna will not be in this routine. There will be three solos, Chloe, Kenzie, and Maddie. I need to figure out who my number two girl is, nipping at Alison's heels." Chloe glances at me with a soft smile and I grin back.

"Speaking of which, there will be a JAZZ trio for Ali, Chloe, and Maddie!" We all hug and cheer in victory.

'It's been a while since I gave Alison a solo. I know that she's noticed. What I have coming up for her will make it all worth it. She is my star, and believe me, the world will see that soon enough.' -Abby's interview

We spread out and begin to work on the group dance. It's about babies being born... Miss. Abby tried to explain it to us in more DETAIL, and I'm permanently scarred now.
It is very artistic and beautiful, though!

Once we finish, we start the trio!

"Girls, this is an EXTREMELY sassy piece. I don't mean 9/10 year old sassy, I mean professional sassy. It's called 'Black Tuxedo'." We all smile and nod as Miss. Abby explains.

As we learn the choreography, Miss. Abby keeps yelling at Maddie the whole time.

"MADDIE! You're seven counts behind! SASSY! Work your face!" She screams. "Grand battement, Maddie, not develope."

'It just makes me upset when Miss. Abby yells at me all the time. I know that I'm actually BETTER than both Chloe and Alison.' -Maddie's interview

'This is horrendous. I need this to be absolutely PERFECT! I dismissed the girls, but really, I decided that I was going to have Paige take Maddie's spot in this dance. It's an obvious choice because Paige did a trio with Chloe and Ali, and the three of them won! I am NOT taking chances this week.' -Abby's interview

The next day, my mom takes me to the studio extremely early. We have to work on the trio since it is still a reck. I have to say, though, I was NOT expecting Paige and Kendall to be in the private room beside Chloe and Maddie.

 I have to say, though, I was NOT expecting Paige and Kendall to be in the private room beside Chloe and Maddie