She's a Fighter

A/N: I'm so sorry for the last 'episode' of this! It was very rushed, and I crammed a lot into it... Hopefully this will be better! 🤣😭🤣

Also, please, please, PLEASE leave suggestions, I'm already running out of ideas!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I lay on my bed, feeling hopeless.

Today is my first day at dance class since regionals, where I totally lost my reputation when Chloe beat me. Abby wasn't happy then, and I'm really scared for pyramid.

Ever since my mom go I have been staying at Kelly's house, but I will be spending the rest of the week at Melissa's and Maddie's house.

"Alison, do you have all your bags packed?" Kelly calls into the guest room.

"Yeah." I sigh back, grabbing my hello kitty suitcase.

"What's wrong, Ali?" She walks in, sitting on the bed.

"Abby's going to hate me." I groan.

"Now, Alison, you know that's not true. Abby loves you so much! Just because you didn't come out on top once doesn't mean that you are never going to succeed again!" Kelly calms me down and carries me to the car.

On the way, I change into a pastel pink leotard with a black skirt on top. I don't normally wear proper ballet clothes, but my dad gave me this one last week.

When we arrive at dance, Miss. Abby refuses to look at me. Uh oh. I hope she isn't too mad!

"Okay, girls. Let's begin, yes?" Abby glances at us.

"On the top, we have Chloe. You won the solo for the first time this season. Good job. Then we have Brooke. Did you win? No. But you got 3rd in the teen category, and that's still good for you. The, we have Maddie. You entered your own solo, which I DIDN'T appreciate. You still did good, though. I thought it was very pretty." The girls all smile in celebration, especially Chloe.

"Next, we have Nia. You just didn't stick out to me. Then, Paige. Meh. YOU'RE BORING. And on the bottom, for the first time ever, is Alison. 2nd is not an option. It's all or nothing, kid! How are you supposed to become a prodigy if you only get second?" Abby glares as my eyes begin to water.

'I feel HORRIBLE for this little girl. She's always pumped up and celebrated. It's almost like she just can't process it!' Christi shakes her head in frustration.

"This week, we will have three soloists. Maddie, you will be doing a solo entitled 'Angel'. It needs to be PERFECT. We will also have Nia do a solo entitled 'Call me Laquifa'!" Abby says as we all cheer on Nia.

'I am SO excited for my Nia. She's always overlooked because- she's not MADDIE or ALISON or CHLOE! She's Nia Frazier, and now she might actually get out of the shadows.' Holly cheers in an interview.

"An our last solo will be for Kenzie! It's called 'Mouse Trap'." We all clap for her.

I didn't get a solo? But... I always get a solo. At least I get to help out with Kenzie's solo!

"We will also be battling it out with two duets. The first will be Paige and Nia. It's called 'Shake Some'. It's an extremely sassy piece. The second will be a ballet duet entitled 'Looking Glass'. It will be performed by Chloe and Alison." Abby smiles slightly at me.

We all spread out and begin to work on the group routine. I'm still in the front row, but I don't have any big solo moments in this dance.

"Nia, that foot is sickled! BIGGER, Maddie! Chloe, your back leg was barely a foot of the ground! ALISON! It's all or nothing!!" Abby shouts as we dance.

Once we finish, we begin to work on the ballet duet.

"Chloe, last week was great for you. Alison? Not so much. You BOTH could've done better. Now, I had planned on this duet being performed en pointe, but I decided that it would be more beneficial for you two to just do it in flats." Abby says as my smile falls. I was really looking forward to doing pointe!

The duet begins with arabesques. It's actually a pretty cool dance because we are always mirroring each other's movements. The challenging part is doimg it all in sync.

"CHLOE!" Miss. Abby screeches, pausing the music. We turn to look at her with wide eyes.

"I told Alison to develope with her LEFT leg. What does that mean you should do?" Abby yells, walking over to us.

Chloe shrugs, her eyes beginning to water.

"THINK, YOU DINGBAT! DEVELOPE WITH YOUR RIGHT LEG! STIPID!" Abby screeches, causing Chloe to begin to cry.

She walks over and replays the music, forcing us to move on and dance again.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

The next day, we worked on Kenzie's solo first. She's pretending to be a mouse, which is REALLY funny!

"Okay, Alison, it's your turn now." Miss Abby grins.

"For what?" I stare up in confusion.

"You, my dear, are going to choreograph a section of this dance!" She laughs in a booming voice.

WHAT!?! This is great! I always dreamed of choreographing a dance, and now I really can!!

I taught her how to do these cool, loopy roll sequence. She really likes it and eventually, she gets really good at it!

"Great job, girls. You can go take a break." Miss. Abby sends us out of the room.

_____________--------------____________---------------

Today is my first day of staying at Melissa's house. I think I went there once or twice a couple of years ago, but it still feels so strange.

"So Alison, aren't you sad about being at the bottom of the pyramid?" Melissa gives me a fake pitiful look from across the table.

"Kinda. But I know that I can get back to the top!" I smile, taking a huge gulp of sprite.

"I don't know about that, dear. My Maddie is on the rise!" Melissa brags.

"Oh... Yeah." I squirm awkwardly.

*****************************************

Today is competition day!!! I am SO excited. Chloe and I changed into our costumes first.

"And next up, we have entry 43, Looking Glass!" We get called out.

We begin to dance, and we're pretty in sinc! When we do our Italian foettes, we hit every motion we needed to.The group dance goes well, too.

"And in first place... Entry 43, Looking Glass!" They call. Yes!!!

Chloe and I go up and grab our rewards. I can't believe it!! I couldn't be more happy!

*****************************************