Miami Heat Wave

"Girls, get st  you! Next, Mackenzie. Congratulations. You are off probation, but you got SECOND. Second is the first to lose." Miss. Abby lectures.

"Maddie. You lost to Alison, so you are still on probation. WORK to get back on this team, or else you'll be gone as quick as Belladonna left." She paused momentarily. "Chloe. You did a nice job in the group. Keep it up." I look over and grin at Chloe.

"Next row! Paige. You were in pain, but you were working through it, even when you should have been resting. Brooke, you moved up to the second row now. STAY THERE." I jokingly pat Brooke on the back.

"And on top of the pyramid, Alison! You won first place, and had the overall score at the competition. Great job, sweetheart." I grin as the girls and moms clap.

"This week, we are going to Miami, Florida." We all scream and jump. "The group dance will be cute, 60s, beachy, all that jazz. Moms, when these girls go home, they better be watching those movies, yes?" Miss. Abby explains as I smile.

'I'm so excited for the group dance! I think that it will be super fun!' -Alison's interview

"There will be a trio. Paige, Chloe, and...Maddie." Miss. Abby smirks softly as my face drops. Normally, the three of us blondes are in trios, so I feel kinda upset that I was removed.

"Paige has to go get her bunions removed tomorrow." Kelly interrupts hesitantly.

"Then I may have to replace her." Miss. Abby shrugs in frustration.

"A DUET!" She announces. "Brooke! If you could choose any girl to have a duet with, who would it be?"

After a few moments of thinking, she speaks up.

"Ali?" I grin in excitement. When Miss. Abby nods, I pull Brooke into a tight hug.

'I'm happy that I got a duet this week.' -Brooke's interview

"Maddie, Ali, and Chloe. You will all be performing solos this week." We all grin at each other.

We start the group dance, and it's so fun! The moves are super cute, and we're giggling as we learn it. We start behind an umbrella, and then jump out to some poses.

"Sassy, Ali! Hands on hips!" Miss. Abby smiles.

After a while,  Miss. Abby dismisses us, and we begin to work on the duet!

"It's called, 'Hidden Jewels'. Have you girls ever had those rocks that you smash open and there are crystals inside?" She pauses as we nod. "That's what this is about. You get all of these dancers into a studio, and you work with them for years, and you find out who the hidden jewels are."

The dance is acro/lyrical, which is Brooke's forte! It's very pretty, and there is even some partner work!

"Great job, ladies. Why don't you go take a break?" We both nod and head for the door, but Miss. Abby pulls me aside.

"That was good, Ali. After running that trio earlier, I don't think it's possible for this duet NOT to win. I might have to replace Paige in the trio, and I would put you in. That would mean you would have to compete two routines in the same category." Miss. Abby explains.

"Isn't that against the rules?" I ask. She chuckles slightly.

"On this team, yes. In the competition? No. Will you do it?" She smiles, bending down to my level, which is only a bit shorter than her.

"Yes." I say quietly, but with a sheepish smile.

'I'm sorta excited for the trio! I think it will be super fun, but at the same time, I feel really bad for Paigie.' -Alison's interview