Wildly Inappropriate

"Ali! Wake up!" An annoying voice bellows into my ear.

"Noooo." I groan, pulling my purple pillow over my head.

My eyes flicker open to see Paige extremely close to my head and TAKING OFF MY BLANKET!

"I want to sleep!" I whine. Chloe's sitting at her vanity pulling her hair into a ponytail.

"We have school in twenty minutes." She says calmly.

WHAT?!?!! I bolt to my suitcase and start digging for dance clothes.

(Let me explain. I'm homeschooled. Miss. Abby thought it would give me much more time for dance, and she was right! It's still a little upsetting that I don't get to take fun classes with my friends anymore, but it's what works best. I've been advanced in school since Pre-K. Online classes offer more challenges!)

"Chloe! I forgot my dance clothes!! Can I PLEASE borrow a set from you?" I beg.

Soon, all three of us are digging through her drawers. I settled on a black sports bra and dark purple booty shorts. I tug a 'gap' hoodie over it and rush to do my hair. That'll do. Now I just have to convince Christi to stop at McDonald's for breakfast before dance.

45454545454545454545454545454545454545

I'm about half way through an extra tap private when my mom comes in.

"Hi! Just wanted to let you two know that it's 10:30! All of the other girls are here and ready for pyramid!" She says in a chipper voice.

Miss. Abby stands up and motions for me to follow her.

"GIRLS! COME ON, LET'S GO!" She screeches.

We all hurry to keep up with her. I'm actually excited for the pyramid because I won last week! The group dance didn't do too well, and our trio got 4th place, but I hope she won't be too upset.

"I'm very upset with you girls. Last week was rough. The group got 7th place. STEP IT UP. Work harder. Now for the pyramid, Kenzie on the bottom. Didn't dance. In fact, I have decided to take you off the team until you're older."

WHAT!?! Everyone looks shocked as we just stare at each other and then back at Miss Abby.

"Nia. I wasn't impressed." Miss. Abby sighs.

"Alright, next we have Brooke. You did good. Not good enough for a thirteen year old. Then we have Maddie. Second is the first to lose. Never forget that. Then, we have Paige. I think you did alright in the trio. The group dance was sloppy on your part. Second, we have Chloe. Great in the trio, great in the group dance, head piece. Next time, don't let that headpiece fall. If you do, you might as well kiss your spot on the team goodbye. On top, we have Ali. Congratulations on winning the title! Great job, babe!" Abby drones on for like 2 hours!!

"This weekend, we have 4 numbers. Chloe, you will have a musical theatre solo." We share a smile that ends with hushed giggles. "It will be called 'Baby Mine'. Maddie will have a solo as well. It will be a lyrical number entitled 'Angel'. Paige and Alison will be doing a jazz duet called 'Womanizer'.
It needs to sassy and skimpy. Same applies for the group routine. It will be called 'Electricity'. Got it?" Abby still keeps talking. I'm beginning to think she doesn't know how to stop!

~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~

Chasse, tourjete, pull through to front leg hold, drop. This dance is complicated, but it's really fun! Paige and I do some sassy, inappropriate moves throughout it. We can't stop laughing!

"Nice job, girls. Do it like that and you might win. Costumes are in today, so please go try them on with the other girls." Abby commands us.

YES! I adore getting new costumes! We rush out of the room to see them. They are shiny blue and black. They look a little tiny, though. Maybe she accidentally ordered them all in Kenzie's size?

I put it on and giggle at my reflection with Chloe. They're pretty! Miss. Abby said that they are mature costumes, which makes sense because I'm the already 8!

Abby sends out Paige, then me, then the other girls. When it's my turn, I strut onto the runway and strike a pose. My mom looks horrified, but I don't know why. She normally loves my costumes!

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

It's already competition day! The duet is first, then I do the group dance. Miss. Abby still hasn't shown us our costumes because she wants to surprise us and our moms!

"Here are the 'Womanizer' costumes." She passes bright pink costumes to me and Paige. When we walk out, Kelly starts yelling.

"Those are to ****** for them! Paige is ten and Ali's EIGHT!!" She shouts. I cover my ears tightly when she says a no-no word.

Abby ushers us out of the room quite quickly, and I can hear my mommy complaining.

"Girls, go stretch. Do great. You're on in ten." She whispers in a raspy voice.

A few minutes later, they announce us and we take our ready poses.

Paige mainly does acro tricks, while I handle the turns and jumps. The judges didn't look impressed at the end, though, which makes me kinda sad.

When it's time for the group dance, they look terrified at our dance. I thought it was pretty. I try to be a big girl like Brooke, but my eyes really wanted to leak.

When we get to awards, they announce our duet 7th place! I feel like I'm a failure. The group dance didn't even place.

"Maybe they thought it was too inappropriate." Nia says thoughtfully.

"I guess." I mutter.

'Miss. Abby is going to kill me!" I whisper in my interview.