Return of the Candy Apples

Today, we had to arrive at the studio at 5 am. We never really do this, but a few of us had classes and privates first thing this morning. I had a ballet private, an advanced jazz class, and an acro private.

Now, it's finally time for the pyramid. I rush to change into a pink crop top with purple shorts.

"Alright, girls! So last week, in North Carolina, we actually had a good run. I had two girls win minor titles, I had a trio that won its entire category, and I had a 'cute' group dance that won first." Miss. Abby smiles as we all grin at each other.

'Was the group dance cute? Yes. Did it win? Thankfully, yes. But could they ALL have done better? Absolutely.' -Abby's interview

"On the bottom, Kendall. You are still on probation. Why? Because I gave you a great little solo, and you didn't even place. Next, Brooke. You are 14 YEARS OLD! You are too old to play it 'cute' in a group dance. Nia. You just don't stand out enough. Mackenzie! You were in the group dance, it was good, it was fine." I turn and pat Kenzie on the back.

'My sweet little Kendall deserves so much better than being on the bottom of the pyramid. She worked very hard last week and deserves to be AT LEAST in the second row, if not on the top.' -Jill's interview

"Maddie. You had a beautiful solo about a girl being on Broadway. Not with second place. I need to see you work harder! Next row! Paige! Doesn't that feel good, to be up at the second row?" Miss. Abby slightly smiles as Paige nods.

'Why Maddie is still in the bottom row, I don't know. What I DO know, is that I am getting so F***ING sick of this!' -Melissa's interview

"Now, stay there. Next, Chloe. Congratulations on winning a title! You did great, now you need to keep it up. And on top of the pyramid, Alison! Last week, you not only won a title, you had another PERFECT SCORE. Keep it up, kiddo!" I feel pride surging in my heart.

'I do feel bad for Brooke this week. She 100% doesn't deserve to be that close to the bottom. But, at the same time, I am thrilled for Ali! Last week she got that perfect score, and honestly, I think she really deserves to be at the top this week!' -Annie's interview

"And, as you can see, who is that picture on the side? Belladonna, sweetie, come on in!" Miss. Abby calls for my little sister as we all cheer.

 Abby calls for my little sister as we all cheer