Waiting for Joffrey

"Girls, let's go!" Abby yells as Paige and I giggle. We were playing tic tac toe, but I guess now it's time for pyramid.

We all rush in and stand in a line. I stand in-between Maddie and Brooke.

"First, let's talk about the group dance. Very successful, very beautiful. I was proud of you guys. I think you portrayed the message very well. Now for the pyramid. On the bottom, Alison. Second place? Really? I did NOT train you to be a second place dancer. There are a ton of people who are coming to me, wanting you for different projects, but I need to push you to the next level before any of that can happen. You have to work twice as hard, yes? I want nothing less than perfection." I nod, defeated.

'For the first time ever, I think, Alison is on the bottom. I think it's good for her to not always be on top, but the poor girl looked so damn defeated sitting there.' -Christi's interview

"Next, Chloe. You're in the same boat as Ali. You're one of my best dancers. You need that extra push. Here it is. Remember, there's no I in team. But there is an m, and an e. And it's all about me." Miss. Abby says.

'I have big plans for Chloe, and even bigger plans for Alison. I haven't told her yet, a certain, young singer, who wants to work with Ali, which means Ali being in music videos, getting noticed, and maybe even indulging in music a bit...' -Abby's interview

"Next, Nia. I challenged you, you were a beat behind. Work harder. Yes?" She asks as Nia nods. "Paige. You didn't stand out to me. I want you to really stretch that leg, turn out, shoulders back, spot, center, tuck your bum in. The little technical things are what you lack most."

"Next row. Mackenzie. You were cute in the group dance. I think you kept up well. Just try to make sure that you remember your technique and facial expressions. Not one of the other. Brooke! You had a duet with Alison, and it won. I think you kept up well, and your tricks were all clean. You did the lift with Ali in the group, too. It was decent, but could've been better."

'I think that Brooke being that high on the pyramid was uncalled for. So what, Ali got second with her solo? She was the lead of the group dance, and she won that. She did a beautiful, difficult duet, and it won! So why is she on the bottom? It's ridiculous!' -Annie's interview

"And on top of the pyramid... Maddie!" We all clap. "Congratulations, sweetheart! You best Alison. You are officially of probation, as I said before. Your solo was beautiful." Abby praises.

"There are three solos, two duets, and a trio. Lots of dances, but I want a CLEAN SWEAP. This is very important. This isn't just a normal competition... There is a talent scout from Joffrey Ballet coming to seek out stars!" We all grin and jump, cheering.

'A Joffrey Ballet scout is coming? That's SO COOL!! This is a great opportunity!' -Ali's interview

"First solo is going to Maddie. It's contemporary, beautiful, angelic. It's called 'Quiet Voices.' The next solo is Chloe. It will be entitled 'Watercolors Fade'. It's Lyrical. And it NEEDS to be perfect." Abby pauses. "Finally... Alison. Your solo will be called 'On Brûlera. It's contemporary, and absolutely gorgeous. The song... Is French. So you won't understand the words, but I need to feel that connection! Yes?" She says as I smile and nod.

"Now. There will not be a group dance this week. Instead, we will have the duets and trios, splitting the team up into new sections. Maddie and Alison. You two will be doing a lyrical duet. It's entitled 'Don't Let Me Down'. And girls, you better not let me down. The second duet is... Chloe and Brooke. You don't do lots of duets. But, your duet will be called 'Somebody Told Me.' Finally, Nia, Kenzie, and Paige will do an acro trio called 'Girl Fun'."