The Secret Solo

"Mommy! Where's my new lamp?" I yell.

"It's around here somewhere, dear!" She calls back.

Today, before pyramid, we're starting to move into our new house! It's a lot bigger than our old house, so I'm excited to spread out!

                             (Exterior)

                (Alison's New Bedroom)

It's almost Christmas, and my mom's new boyfriend, Teddy, invited us to move into the new house he bought. He said my mom could share his room, and I could have the master suite on the 2nd floor.

Finally, I put on my daisy sports bra and white booty shorts. My hair is pulled back in a loose ponytail.

"Mom, I'm ready!" I call, coming down the stairs.

"Kay, come on, princess." She smiles wearily.

When we get to dance, Miss. Abby pulls me aside.

"Listen, the producers want you to have a secret solo this week to cause some drama, okay? That means that I won't announce it in pyramid, but you still will have to do it. I know I promised you wouldn't have to do too much this week, but can you just do it?" She asks.

"Okay, sure." I say after thinking. Last week, I was super overwhelmed, and I was hoping for a break this week, but I guess I could just ask for a week off some other time.

With that, we all head to studio B for pyramid. I stand next to Maddie and Chloe, since Paige and I had a fight. It wasn't anything too horrible, but she was upset that I did the trio instead of her.

"Alright, girls. Last week, in short, was a success. Alison won another solo, the trio won again, and the group got first. Let's start off, yes? Paige. You were taken out of the trio, and were expected to handle it with grace. Your MOTHER, however, through a tantrum." She scolds. "Next, Brooke. You are FOURTEEN YEARS OLD. You could've went to your mother and said, 'mom, I'm doing this duet, and you can't stop me.' But you didn't."

"Next, Nia. Honey, I'm sick and tired of always seeing you on the bottom. Your mom thinks that you're just as good as a dancer as Alison. I disagree. Mackenzie. You are good at some things, but there's always room for improvement. Moving into the next row. Chloe. I thought the solo was good, however, I would like to see you placing higher." Chloe sighs at the remark.