From Ballerinas to Showgirls

"Welcome to Las Vegas!" Miss. Abby shouts.

I giggle as Chloe sassy-walks. We both are wearing bright orange leotards with little black ballet skirts.

"Girls, I want to reflect on last week. Some of you did very well, but as a whole, not so great. I brought Brandon in, thought that would do the trick, but the dance was a mess. The competition this week is thunderstruck. As a group, you need to be flawless this week!" Miss. Abby shouts, causing us to lose our grins.

"Vivianne. Her mother didn't follow the rules. Let this be a lesson to all of you. Next up, Mackenzie. I'm sorry you lost your duet partner, but I want you to practice all your jumps and tricks because next week, you will definitely be competing." Miss. Abby smiles.

'I don't care if I'm not dancing, I just wanna hang out at the pool.' -Kenzie's interview.

"Paige. Your performance is good, but your not placing. I think you should definitely be placing in the top ten, yes? This is your city. You have the long legs, you have the look. Because of that, Paige, you will have a solo. Understood?" Paige nods.

"Second row! Nia. Last week, you finally won the solo in your category. I think you need to do that all the time! This week, you get another solo and I expect you to win again." Miss. Abby lectures as Nia grins.

"Brooke. Did a great job, but you didn't make the top three. You are doing a solo. Just like Paige, this is your city. You've been talking about Circ since you were little. Someone from Circ will be at the competition." Abby gives her a pointed look.

"Next, we have Alison. Ali, you won your 9th title last week. That's good. It needs to be better still." Miss. Abby gives me a hard glare as I nod.

'I'm very upset with Abby this week because she set my daughter up for failure. She gave Alison the better choreo and unfair advantages. The sad part is, Maddie told ME before I even thought of it.' Melissa complains in an interview.

"And on the top, we have Chloe. I can't stand the constant complaining! Maddie, you have the week off. Chloe will be our shining star this week." Miss. Abby smiles in a scary way.

"Maddie and Ali, don't worry. You both will be doing a duet! It's called 'You Will Be Found'." Abby smirks.

'I am SO SICK of the Melissa Vs. Annie or the Maddie Vs. Alison debate. Maybe if I can try to build a stronger friendship for them, my two stars can be a team.' Miss. Abby says in an interview.

"The group dance is called 'Seven Deadly Sins'. Kenzie, you WILL be part of the group routine. Each one of you will have a different role to portray." We all get excited as we begin to choreograph.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Maddie is wrath, Alison is pride, Chloe is envy, Brooke is sloth, Paige is gluttony, and Nia is greed." Abby smirks.

'This is stupid. Chloe came to me and said, "I'm not jealous of Maddie and Ali". I think it was a little dig at my daughter, and I don't appreciate it.' -Christi's interview.

We begin to dance again and try to portray our characters. To showcase my character, Miss. Abby has me do a grand Jete to the center of the stage. The other girls all dance around me as I do 18 ITALIAN FOUETTES!!!

(Just the quick idea lmao 🤣)

"Great job, girls. Go take a break. I wanna work on that duet." Miss. Abby commands.