~•~ 14 - Yumaka Akihito ~•~

~•~•~

Yumaka Akihito is the older sibling of the Yumaka siblings. As such, he would be next to inherit his family's business.

Since the Yumaka clan stemmed out of the Shirakumo clan, they also held some amount of power over housing. The Yumaka clan has been entrusted the duty of guards of The Valley by the Shirakumo clan.

As guards of The Valley, they merely make sure that the rules of the committee are being followed and they are the ones to enact punishments.

Due to this, he was taught about deception and manipulation.

Not only would he face such things all the time, but if he used it himself and played his cards right, he could gain invaluable information.

Since those, who are foolish enough to break the rules and laws of The Valley usually never go down without a fight, everyone of the Yumaka family had been taught in self defence.

Both Akihito and his sister have been taught that they were going to be guards one day, in charge of keeping The Valley in order. This gave both of them a sense of duty when it came to the protection of The Valley.

It was why Shirakumo Shōkyo wanted them to be members of the Shadow Misfits under the aliases Glaucous and Arctic.

Due to what they were taught, they were assigned to Division 5, Misfit Mind. They both excelled at gaining information and that helped immensely in figuring out where most of the secret villain hideouts were.

Akihito relied on his deception and manipulation skills into luring others into a false sense of security, while his sister used her polite and kind manner to make others underestimate her and tell her indirectly what they were planning.

Once his sister did that, she would strike them without mercy.

Akihito can't help but think that the alias of Arctic really fits his sister more than just being the name of her assigned colour. When she strikes, it's as unexpected and cold as ice.

~•~•~

Akihito was close to Shōkyo's brother. He would go to him for advice with his sister, since while both of their sisters were around the same age, he was 10 years older than them – well, 9 years older for Akihito.

So he was furious to find out that he died due to a villain attack at the outside. If it were in The Valley, he wouldn't have been as furious, but he had a right to be furious at the outside.

While they didn't have heroes, the outside did. So what were they doing when he was attacked?!

What made him rage though, was the fact that they decided to bury him in a cemetery close to UA high.

How could they?! Burying him far away from where he lived, too far for his family to go visit his grave. The entire Valley mourned his death.

Shōkyo, being the closest to him as his little sister, had not stopped crying for almost an entire week! She didn't even feel safe enough to be alone for a whole month. Her best friends, Midoriya Izuku and Shinsou Hitoshi did their best to always be by her side. If one couldn't be there, the other one would. But most of the time, both were always with her.

It hurt Akihito to see Shōkyo in such a state. He also knew that her older brother wouldn't want her to be in such a state.

And so, he did what he could to help her recover from his death. Akihito knew that her brother had a special headband he wanted to give her when the sunset festival came around. After all, he had asked him to keep it safe for the time being, since he was gone for most days.

And so, to honour his wish, Akihito gave Shōkyo the headband on the sunset festival, explaining her brother's intention. She broke down crying again. Ever since then, she refused to remove the headband if she could help it.

At least she felt sensible enough to remove it whenever in her Shadow Misfit costume to avoid accidentally breaking it.

Besides being close to Shōkyo's brother, he was the one who looked the most similar to him out of everyone from the Shirakumo and Yumaka clans. So it took a while until Shōkyo was able to look at him without tearing up.

He just hoped that going to UA with everyone would give Shōkyo the closure she deserved, even after all those years.

~•~•~