~•~ 24 - Shiriyuki Lana ~•~

~•~•~

Shiriyuki Lana was surprised when the daughter of the Shirakumo clan had approached her and her older sister and asked them to join a group called Shadow Misfits.

Shirakumo Shōkyo gave them a short explanation of what it was, and sure enough, Lana's older sister, Kanna agreed. Lana, though, hesitated, asking what kind of role she would play within their ranks.

She believes that was the right thing to ask, as Shirakumo smiled at her. And so, Shirakumo explained to them how Lana would join Shadow Support while Kanna would join Misfit Force.

Lana used to be worried. Shirakumo wanted her to be part of their inventing and engineering team? She barely had any knowledge about that kind of stuff, how could she help three other children with a mountain of knowledge about it?

But soon she realised, engineering and inventing isn't as hard as she thought it would be. It was basically just bringing ideas into reality.

Kind of like her quirk. Actually, her quirk is really helpful with it. Being able to display her thoughts into the real world as if they were floating holograms, really helped visualise the dimensions of projects and how they could/should look like.

Heh, now it sounds very obvious when she thinks about it... her quirk is called visual, after all. Visualising ideas for everyone to see so that they have a better idea of what they're working with really is helpful.

And so, she became quite a valuable asset as Aqua for Shadow Support.

~•~•~

How Shirakumo manages to do her clan duties while also juggling school and the Shadow Misfits is beyond Lana.

Ever since her 12th birthday, Shirakumo was handed the responsibility of organising The Valley's festivals as well as being the public figure during said festivals.

It was a responsibility that used to be her aunt's, but it would only be a couple more years until she would be unable to do those duties anymore.

It has always been a tradition of the Shirakumo clan to give over responsibilities and duties over to children once they turn 12 when someone else of the family is getting too old - not necessarily that old that they cant do anything anymore, but usually a few years in advance - if they can help it.

Of course, if there aren't any duties to give over, they are lucky until they do get hit with the responsibilities at an older age.

Either way, one of the responsibilities Shirakumo got was leading the festival activities and holding speeches during the festivals.

And Shirakumo's speeches are something. Lana never thought about it before, but the festival speeches really bring to light just what kind of natural talent she has in leading and giving good morale for those following her.

It was something she had already noticed during meetings and training, especially when they were only starting out and had their training year, but Lana never paid any mind to it.

But Lana could never ignore the hurt in Shirakumo's eyes when she was holding some of her speeches.

Lana could understand that. After all, their festivals are not necessarily the... Lana can't find the right words to explain it.

They were amazing and were dedicated to a some of the main values of The Valley, being connected to the codices. But that didn't mean they were necessarily happy.

The festivals that are unique to them and them only, are the blossom festival, the harvesting festival and the sunset festival.

Out of all three of them, the blossom festival is the most positive festival.

The sunset festival is not really positive, but not entirely negative either. So Lana supposes it's rather neutral. It's also known to be the opposite of the blossom festival.

It's the harvesting festival that is not the nicest. Not in a way that it isn't enjoyable, the harvesting festival is probably their most honoured and sacred traditions of all.

Lana would even argue that it is her favourite festival of all. It's just that the subject of the festival is not the happiest.

But even so, it's not what Lana believes is the reason for Shirakumo's pain. Hell, Lana knows she enjoys organising the festivals and loves doing the traditions as well.

As she said, the festivals are dedicated to the main values of The Valley. Lana guesses that those values that remind Shirakumo of her brother.

It's never easy to loose a family member after all.

And yes, Lana knows the rules when it comes to mourning. But that doesn't mean that the pain just goes away after one day. Everyone knows that very well.

Most people take it easy on their job - or school, for children - after their one day leave for mourning. It's basic decency in The Valley to let them take it easy after loosing someone.

The one day leave for mourning is a rule due to other reasons, not because they believe that would make them handle the pain more easily.

Some of their values do honour that fact, after all. Which ones of their values are the festivals for?

Well, for that, one would have to attend one themselves.

~•~•~