~•~ 27 - Bakugo Katsuki ~•~

~•~•~

For years now, Bakugo Katsuki had been confused with his feelings.

On one hand, he was happy he didn't have to keep in touch with a quirkless deku like his childhood friend, but then again, it felt like something was missing.

It all began when their quirk status came into their lives.

Midoriya Izuku had been diagnosed quirkless, so Katsuki saw him as someone inferior and weak.

Then, a week after, the school told everyone that Izuku and his mother had moved away, meaning that the useless little deku wasn't in the same preschool as him anymore. Katsuki was glad.

But as time went on, he missed the presence the little greeny had. None of the other extras were like him and he could never be replaced.

Of course, Katsuki never voiced these thoughts, being associated to a quirkless deku shouldn't be something he should have nor should it be his focus to care about someone useless like Deku, but rather becoming the number one hero.

Even though he did his best to just ignore his thoughts of Izuku, they always came back.

Time and again he finds himself thinking how his life would've continued if he still knew Izuku and if he hadn't pushed him away, staying friends.

He was certain that nerd would have come up with multiple strategies for him to utilise his quirk, there was no doubt to that.

But even so, Izuku also wanted to become a hero like him.

But that was just impossible without a quirk... right?

Katsuki knew that Izuku had boundless determination to become a hero and he knew that if anyone were to become a hero without a quirk, it would be Izuku if he had used his determination and time better.

But with the amount of time Katsuki knew Izuku had spent writing in his notebooks, he just saw a weak quirkless loser who had the delusional dream of becoming a hero.

After all, Katsuki had started fights with him so he could build up strength, but the damn nerd was just too stubborn to fight back.

So, what did that say about the nerd? He was just some weak crybaby who wanted to be a hero, but wasn't even trying to fight back as he should have if Katsuki had been a real villain.

Katsuki believes that the nerd should be happy that it was Katsuki attacking him and not a real damn villain. But then again... Katsuki hadn't seen Izuku for so many years now.

They hadn't seen each other for 10 years, both of them now being 14 years old, only less than year away from the entrance exam to UA.

If Izuku still stayed the same after all those years, Katsuki was certain he would never become a hero.

But, if Izuku changed, just as he had changed over the years to someone superior and better than everyone else, then... perhaps Izuku had a chance.

Hell, Izuku couldn't be the number one, no way in hell, but he could still be a hero. Just not as powerful or flashy or popular as he was.

~•~•~

Katsuki missed his Auntie Inko and Izuku.

When he had asked his mother about if they were ever going to visit the Midoriya's or if they would come over to their place instead, his mother simply frowned, saying Inko had cut off any and all connections she had with anyone in the past.

From what Inko told her, she wanted to start anew with Izuku in the new area they lived.

As time passed, he grew to regret pushing Izuku away. Yes, he was quirkless, meaning he was weaker than anyone else, but his mind made up for it.

And there was no one like Izuku as well.

It didn't necessarily matter to him anymore if Izuku was still trying to be a hero or had moved on to be something else, but he just wanted to see that bright smile again that kept him in check and grounded him.

Katsuki promised to himself that if he was to ever meet Izuku again, which if Izuku hadn't given up on his dream of going to UA he will, that he would apologise and try to make up with Izuku.

Of course, if the nerd hadn't changed his perspective and hadn't changed in terms of strength, Katsuki would gladly knock some sense into him and make him work out.

Though don't tell anyone he said – thought that.

~•~•~