~•~ 33 - Chirai Mizu ~•~

~•~•~

Chirai Mizu is the local cook of the group. It's not common for him to cook full meals for the group, but he does make some small snack-dishes for everyone so that they can replenish their energy before and/ or after patrol and missions.

He also deeply cares about his teammates' wellbeing, always accommodating their diets when needed for their quirk, like for example giving Sumé Cherry more energy replenishing snacks when she uses her quirk, or a more easily digestible dish for Amikko Koko for her butterfly-mutated digestive system.

It's given him the nickname of dad of the Shadow Misfits by some of the others. His demeanour also doesn't do him any favours against that nickname. He's kind and gentle to a fault.

But that makes it easy for others to forget why he was chosen to be part of Division 5 as Canary. Like the others of his division, he's analytical. His planning skills are on par with the others of Misfit Mind.

Some of the others do get embarrassed for forgetting this fact due to his gentle and humble demeanour. It's easy to underestimate both his mind and his physical strength thanks to his personality.

But that doesn't mean he pulls his punches when out on the field nor does he shy away from planning and performing Mission Control. He may be a big softy, but he knows when to push through and do what's right.

It's a skill that everyone values.

~•~•~

Mizu truly cherishes Midoriya Izuku. He remembers the early days when Midori-kun was very nervous and would have a constant stutter in his voice. He's glad that Midori-kun seems to have mostly grown out of that habit, but he knows that even now that the green haired boy has lots of hidden anxiety.

He may be able to push through and command the others with confidence, but Mizu can tell that there are deep rooted issues that gave him his anxiety and uncertainty in his own abilities. Mizu often overhears Midori-kun's self-doubting mumbles and it hurts to hear the kind and bright-minded boy talk to himself like that.

When it happens, Mizu often makes small portions of Katsudan for him when he's on duty in their base. It might not be a lot, but Mizu knows just how much one's favourite dish can lift someone's mood.

So if it helps, Mizu will gladly continue giving Midori-kun his mysteriously appearing Katsudan.

~•~•~