«◊» 11 || Midnight mission «◊»

<«◊»>

Hitoshi looks over the part of Musutafu that is his home. It's only a few hours into the night, but he knows that they've already done lots of progress.

"Mission Control here. Indigo, do you copy?", he suddenly hears Hagiya Shiro- no, it's Onyx during these- over his comm. Not wasting any time, he taps his comm and speaks. "Indigo here. What do you need, Mission Control?"

"There's still more Shadow-ports to be placed in your area. Viridian is coming to join you with some more Shadow-@ports," Onyx says. "Gotcha," he responds.

Not a moment later, familiar green curls land beside him. "Hey, Indigo. The view's breathtaking from here. It's a nice change of pace, seeing a city skyline instead of our usual hometown," Izuku greets him, holding out a bag.

"Yeah, it really is different from the Valley, huh, Viridian?", Hitoshi murmurs. "Anyways, let's continue on. I haven't gone over there yet," he points to the east.

Not wasting any time, they make their way across rooftops, keeping watch for the other as they go down to the alleys to place and activate the shadow ports.

"You know... I'm really glad we decided to expand our reach. I'm certain that we'll have control over the nighttime of Musutafu in no time!", Izuku chirps. Hitoshi sighs.

"Don't forget, there's actual heroes working here as well. Not to mention, my father is one of them," he says.

"I know, I know, Indigo~ tho I wonder how our first encounter with an underground hero will go! Perhaps it will be Eraser~"

"... maybe. Let's hope that I won't have to ever encounter him. He might recognise me," Hitoshi mumbles, before pausing. "scratch that, he might recognise any of us once the school year begins. Well, he'll at least have the highest chance of recognising the three of us in his class."

"Eh, who cares? Now come on, we've got work to continue~!"

<«◊»>

Shōkyo was assigned closer to their new school, UA. Because of that, she also placed a Shadow-port in the park they visited after the heroics entrance exam.

Even at night, the large building of UA still is a sight to behold. She takes a short break on an opposing rooftop, watching cars drive by below.

A few moments later, she hears footsteps behind her. "Eminence, I see you're taking a break?", says the familiar voice of Nakomi Binara.

Shōkyo turns to face the other girl. "Magenta," she says, looking around. "Where's Raven? I know for a fact that both of you had been assigned together..." Binara and Aurami Cchino were one of the few that had been assigned in pairs. They worked best when together, after all.

Binara chuckles. "Raven's a few streets away, busy with a Shadow-port. She knows I headed this direction."

Shōkyo hums in acknowledgment, continuing to look back on the streets. That's when a moving shadow in the corner of her eyes caught her attention. "Magenta, suspicious shadow to our right."

The two immediately go over to the side of the rooftop and begin to tail the moving shadow from above. "Ugh, you bastard!", they hear a familiar voice say down below.

"Cover me," Shōkyo says, taking a cylindrical device from her back and jumping down without waiting for a response. She presses a button on the device which causes it to extend into a bo-staff.

Landing behind the aggressor, she hits him hardly with her staff, causing him to stumble. Quickly, she pins him down together with Cchino, who had been placing a Shadow-port in that alley.

As the man tries to struggle, they hear a familiar gunshot and he slumps to the ground. They wait a few more moments before getting off the man and tying him up, careful not to move the tranquillising dart in the man's shoulder.

"Coast clear," Shōkyo says, looking up. At that, Binara jumps down. "Are you alright, Raven?", the black and magenta haired girl asks as she lands by them.

"... I'm fine. I didn't expect anyone to jump me while turning on the Shadow-port," Cchino admits.

"At least you're safe," Shōkyo begins. "Alright, we should carry on. There's still quite the area to be filled." With that, Shōkyo separates from the truth/lie duo.

<«◊»>

Hamakura Hiro jumps across rooftops before stopping and dropping down into an alleyway. Making sure no one is around, they take out a Shadow-port and kneel down.

Just to be safe, they activated their quirk, nullifying the sound within a radius of about a meter or two. Then, they immediately situated the Shadow-port on the ground and turns it on.

"Alright... another Shadow-port set," they mutter to themselves. Standing up and dusting off their clothes, they looks around for the nearest fire escape.

They spot it immediately and start to scale it. That is when they hear rustling from above.

He knows that they're the only one of the Shadow Misfits to be around this area, considering that they're in the middle of their assigned area and not at the edge, so it couldn't be any of his teammates.

Instantly, they lean against the wall, careful to keep their quirk active as they look up. There, they see a black blob of fabric, surrounded by a large grey scarf.

It's easy to recognise just who was situated above them. They quickly turn their comm on. "Gamboge here. Mission Control, do you copy?", they say, thankful for their sound nullification quirk.

"Mission Control here, what do you need, Gamboge?", they hear the familiar voice of Shiriyuki Lana answer.

"Aqua, tell everyone around my area that Eraserhead has been spotted. He's currently keeping watch over the area on the rooftop above me. I'm currently hiding on the fire escape below, quirk activated," they relay.

"Ah... thanks for telling, Gamboge. I'll make sure everyone around there knows and will keep watch for the hero," Lana says. With that, the comm link turns off, going back to its stand-by mode.

Hiro takes a deep breath, gazing back up at the hero perched above him. While they wouldn't be heard, being seen is a different story. Especially with the specks of Gamboge colour on their costume and of their hair.

They just had to hope that Eraserhead wouldn't look straight down and see them. It took too long for the hero to move on and continue his patrol.

Hiro lets out a breath they didn't know they were holding. They had to be extra careful for now. Eraserhead's around.

<«◊»>