Chapter 15

"What a dreary office you have here." Shigaraki rasped as he pulled down the hood of his long coat. Shockwave followed closely behind him into the room where Overhaul was waiting for them. The room itself was mostly barren save for two couches and a flag pinned to the wall with the Shie Hassaikai symbol.

Shockwave bared his teeth in a sneer at one of the eight precepts corralling him into the room. "Took fucking forever to get here."

"You had us going round and round underground for 30 minutes," Shigaraki bristled as he approached the yakuza leader. "What kind of headquarters is this supposed to be?"

"We don't now who's watching, nor do we know what our guests are thinking." Chisaki spoke too calmly for Shockwave's liking, he waved his hand leisurely. One of his subordinates was sitting on the arm of the couch beside him, counting a stack of bills. "There are many routes that have been connected underground. This reception room also serves as an underground hideout."

The underling next to Chisaki spoke up. "Now then! About what we discussed on the phone the other day. Were you serious about joining us depending on the conditions." Shockwave simmered quietly, eyeing the other yakuza member standing beside him as Shigaraki flopped down onto the opposite couch from Chisaki.

"That's a rather self-serving way of putting it." The league of villains leader slid his shoe onto the table, folding his hands over his propped up knee. "You're the ones that want to latch onto our name. But we also happen to be looking to expand our influence. Our motives happen to align." For now.

Overhaul's brow pinched into a frown. "Put your foot down. The table is getting dirty." Shockwave almost laughed at him, the former gladiator was only here as a precautionary measure for Shigaraki.

His leader didn't move his foot, scoffing. "First, we don't answer to anyone. We will move however we like it. Call it 50/50." Shockwave nodded from behind him, it was the conditions he had discussed with Shigaraki. Their best bet of survival was a joint partnership with the Shie Hassaikai.

Chisaki leaned forward, "Is that your only condition?"

"There's another," Shigaraki pointed at him with one crooked finger. "This... Plan you were talking about. Tell me what it is. It's only natural, I can't lend you our name for a worthless scheme. Although..." When he reached into his coat, the yakuza exploded.

That puppet that had been sitting besides Chisaki grew a single monstrously muscular arm that shot forward and clamped down onto Shigaraki's shoulder, pinning him to the couch. The white cloaked yakuza member standing beside Shockwave simultaneous drew out a gun quickly, digging the end of it directly into Shockwave's temple.

"Don't get cocky," The gun holder warned coldly.

Shockwave stared down the barrel of the gun with unsettling calm out of the corner of his eye as the contact point created a ripple of light that sank beneath his skin. He locked onto the eyeholes of the mask, boring the aide down unblinkingly, and it took everything in him not to smile at the idiot. A gun of all things? Shigaraki's fingers twitched.

Tomura refrained from destroying the puppet holding him down as his bloodshot eyes stared up at Overhauls from in between the fingers of his mask. "Do you really think your disposable human shields were of equal value to our Magne?" He slowly raised his hand up, fingers curled, "Don't forget. We're down an arm too."

"Chrono, Mimic." Overhaul suddenly spoke, his tone boredly flat. "Leave them be," He gestured to Shigaraki. "You were saying something, go on."

The former gladiator sneered at the white-coated aide as he lowered his gun, but kept his mouth shut like he had promised his boss before they went in. Shigaraki finished pulling the bullet that had rebounded off Shockwave a couple days before. He held it up to the light, "This has something to do with it right?"