Forgive

I was snapped out of my little suicide fantasy by the rest of the class coming in followed by Headmaster McGonnagall.  Seems like she's still going to teach transfiguration I suppose.  I can't blame her.  She's very interested in the subject and loves teaching it immensely.  At this point, we do anything we can to hold on to the things we love.

I had sat in the middle which, now that I think about it, was the worst possible place to sit.  Draco came and sat on my right, with Blaise on my left.  Theo sat in front while Pansy took the seat behind me.  It was pretty obvious I was boxed in at the moment.  Blaise was about to try to talk to me but luckily, class started as soon as he opened his mouth.

"Hello class.  Today we will be learning how to turn a glass into a knife."

I was slipping into an unfocused mindset since the start of her sentence, but hearing 'knife' snapped me back to reality.  It didn't go unnoticed by the Slytherins and they shared a look.  I pretended that I hadn't seen them and instead focused on the lecture in front of me.  It passed by in a blur and, by the end of the lesson, I was able to transfigure it easily.  It was one of the few spells I hadn't known, but now...well let's just say it has lots of uses.  

After class, I was about to go to my next period, arithmacy.  I didn't have it with any of the others so I should've been safe.  However, it turns out that Blaise and Draco had a free period and ended up following me there.  Since I had a 10 minute break before it started, they took advantage of it and started talking to me. 

"Hermione!  We're sorry.  We realize that we had no right to just deny your feelings.  I know that we don't know you.  I admit, we only realized the lie through your hair.  I'm sorry and I hope you can forgive us", Blaise ended his apology with a hopeful smile.

I wish I hadn't cracked but the truth is...why wouldn't I have?  They did nothing truly wrong that they hadn't just apologized for.  I decided to forgive him, but I wouldn't forget.  I wouldn't forget the true problem.  This stupid hair.  I'll figure it out later.

"I forgive you Blaise.  But please, don't do that again.  It annoys the absolute fuck out of me.  I'm used to keeping my true emotions in and this hair is ruining it for me.  You guys calling me out on it is really annoying and honestly, I view it as an unintentional invasion of my privacy.  Please never do that again.  Ok?"

He nodded eagerly and skipped away, looking hella happy.  That left me and Draco in an awkward position, considering I still had 7 minutes until class.  

He cleared his throat and started speaking.  

"So uh...thanks for forgiving us.  You never did show me that muggle thing.  What was it called?  A telezorp?  No no no.  It was like...a teletubby?  Right?"

I snorted before I could help it.  A teletubby?  If only he knew what those were.  I shook my head amusedly and answered his question.

"A television?"

I was still laughing as his eyes lit up and he nodded his head excitedly.

"Yes that!  A television!"

I shook my head after calming down.

"I'll show it to you after my class.  I have a free period after this.  Do you?"

He shook his head but then smirked.

"I'll skip it for you though"

I rolled my eyes.

"Draco, you'll lose your title as Head Boy if you skip classes"

His smirk widened.

"Awww is little Hermione worrying for me now?  What's the matter?  Do you want me to stay with you in the dorm?"

My cheeks flushed and my hair probably went bubblegum pink but I kept my posture.

"On the contrary Malfoy.  In fact, it's only because your one of the only people I can tolerate in this fucking school anymore.  We all know that if it's not you as head boy, it'll be Harry and we all know how that went."

He looked stunned that I'd brought it up and I took that as my opportunity to leave.  I got in right before class started and sat down.

The class was a blur around me because all I could think about was that I'd forgiven them.  That and what to do with my hair.  The word forgive was mainly on my mind though.  I was turning it over in my head.  It's such a weird word.  I guess I'll figure out how I treat it when they do a bigger offense though.  

But for now...

I forgave.  Not just this petty occurence.  But when I said I forgive Blaise...I meant that I forgave him for everything.  All the left out and the abuse that he couldn't help.  I forgave even though he never apologized for it.  But still.  Maybe later he can find out the extent.  But for now we'll all be in peace.  Until someone else comes along that is.  That's bound to happen.

But forgiveness is key.

Forgive but don't forget.