Television

After my class ended, I left to head back to my dorm.  True to his word, Draco was waiting for me in the hallway outside.  

"Granger!"

I turned back, still used my past name.

"God Malfoy, hurry up."

I turned away, tapping my foot impatiently as I waited for him to catch up with me.  He finally ended up next to me and I took his hand to pull him through the crowd.  Once we were in front of the dorm, I turned to him and saw him...blushing?  He cleared his throat and let go of my hand which was...oh.  Still in his hand.  No wonder he was blushing.  But wouldn't that imply that he-

"Granger?"

My thoughts cleared as his voice entered my ears and brought me back to reality.  He was already in the dorm and was staring at me with a peculiar expression on his face.  He started to speak again in a low tone.

"Are you coming?"

I hadn't realized I was still outside.  Nodding with my hair the same pink as my cheeks, I overtook him and led the way to my room.  The only thing going through my mind was how unbelievably glad I was that I knew a spell to configure a pen into a television.  

As I entered the room, I realized a second too late that I had a bunch of dreamless sleep potion lying around on my desk from earlier today.

"What the fuck Granger?"

"It's..Zabini?"

He glared at me, clearly unamused.

"Sod off Hermione and answer my question"

I huffed.

"It was very vague Malfoy"

He kept his glare on me and, oof, if looks could kill...

"Hermione", he managed to grit out, "Answer my fucking question"

I huffed.

"Ok listen.  Do you remember when Harry would get nightmares because of Voldemort?  I got used to carrying those around for him when it would get really bad.  I guess the habit never wore off"

I shrugged after I finished my lie and mentally gave myself a pat on the back for being quick.  I made sure to keep my hair out of sight while telling him this.  I have to go research on that and find a way to cover it up.

"Cut the bullshit Granger"

I scoffed.

"I'm not lying!"

He rolled his eyes, clearly not believing me.  I rolled my eyes right back.  I was getting tired of this.  I'd been fighting with Blaise and his friends the whole summer surrounding our issues and my 'perfect' life.  Maybe opening up to Draco could solve that problem.  Just a little bit.

"Alright fine."

He looked at me, tearing his eyes away from the potions on the table.  After a minute of silence, he said,

"Yes Granger?"

I took a deep breath, ready to start my explanation.

"Well...these dreamless potions are actually for-"

The door burst open and with a loud clunk, Blaise fell through the main entrance portrait.

"Hello fellos"

He burst into giggles.  I scrunched up my nose at his obvious drunkness.  I thought I was doing a pretty good job at acting disgusted.  Even my hair was green, the color of disgust.  But mixed in it, shining even stronger, was black.  The color of fear.  My fear.  I was terrified to see what Blaise would be like when drunk.  Would he be like my fake father?  Beating and raping me until there was no soul left inside me?  Or would he be like my fake mother?  Constantly making me run errands, laughing as I was beat for being home late?  I wouldn't stick around to find out.

I left the room as he entered it.  Quickly and suddenly.  I couldn't believe I was actually thinking about telling Draco about my nightmares.  My trauma.  How could I be so naive?  He was one of my worst enemies and I was about to open up to him.  No.  My secrets will stay close to me, to my heart and no one else's.  I haven't even told Harry and Ron, why would I tell these people?  They could turn on me as fast as Harry and Ron did.  

The Golden trio is down to two.

I would redo my television encounter with Draco later, or avoid it entirely.  For now, I must figure out how to hide this hair.   To hide this curse.  

Or...

To get rid of it.