𝟑: 𝐀𝐝𝐞𝐮𝐜𝐞

Chapter Three: Adeuce

[ NRC Student Arc: Start! ]

You opened a single eye as you felt something ghost over your shoulder

Floating right in front of your face was the skinny ghost from last night. He grinned at you, tilting his head curiously.

" Aren't the two of you supposed to be off cleaning the school today? " he asked.

Grim, in response, sleepily rolled over onto his back and began to murmur quietly. 

Ghost B, as they still don't have names, simply smiled. " Go ahead, sleep the day away. And you might not ever hafta' wake up again. " he teased, leaning over Grim.

Ghost C nodded. " Just like us! " he cackled, holding his belly.

Grim shot up in bed and looked around frantically at all the ghosts that surrounded him. " Myah?! The ghosts are back! Hey, Y/n, wake up! " he shook you quickly.

You really weren't in the mood for Ghost's right now, especially since everything that had happened yesterday was still fresh-- making your mood quite low-- but Grim's uncut nails jabbed into your side.

And they hurt.

Didn't he ever cut them? You suppose not.

You rubbed away the tiredness from your eyes and stood up sleepily. You just want to get on with it.

Grim stood up and grinned, sharp teeth and all. His tail flicked back and forth excitedly, ready for a fight.

After a quick battle, Ghost A laughed happily and toward Grim curiously. " So, I hear you'll be living here from now on? Hope you like pranks as much as we do! " he cackled.

Grim frowned furiously as he looked at the ghosts, stopping his foot. " We gotta' get rid of those things for good! " he decided, looking at you for support.

You shrugged sleepily. " I don't quite know Grim, they were here first, and as long as they don't harm me or cause me much annoyance, I don't really care. " 

Despite what you said, you were a little apprehensive after hearing they like pranks.

You looked around the still-dusty room to admire what little cleaning you had done the night prior. The bed that you'd slept on was quite clean, despite the room it was in. You did your best to dust off the sheets and comforter so that you could sleep soundly.

You would say it worked out pretty well, all in all.

Crowley popped his way into the room, greeting you. " Good morning Y/n. Did you sleep well? " he asked.

Oh, he just let himself in? Noted.

Grim replied almost instantly, half-lidded eyes looking at the head mage with dismay written on his face. " Not at all! When I sprawled out on the bed, the mattress fell right through the frame! " he whined.