𝟒𝟎: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧 𝐌𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐦

Chapter Forty: The Manager on Magicam 

[ The Beautiful Oppressor Arc: Continue! ]

You glanced around the stalls, lightly judging the decorations people put up– and the items they were attempting to sell

Grim blinked owlishly, looking around as his tail swayed behind him. " It ain't even open yet, and it's already buzzin' with people! " he chirped, pointing a paw as he glanced around excitedly.

Trey smiled, glancing down at the cat demon. " This festival is a gathering of students from across the nation. There's a lot of people attending, even just counting the staff and organizers," he explained, pushing his glasses up.

You blinked owlishly, tilting your head up as you listened to the PA system ring out– the annoying noise hitting your ears.

[ Thank you all for your patience. The National Arcane Academy Culture Fair is now open. ]

It announced, causing an abundance of cheering and clapping to resonate through the crowd of people.

Suddenly, and to your great surprise– the crowd started to run, rivaling that of the out-of-control crowd from the Spelldrive Tournament, courtesy of Ruggie.

The familiar sight brought nausea to your mind as you watched them run in excitement.

" I can't wait to see Neige IRL! " A fan called, her high-pitched voice calling out.

Another squealed, hurting your ears just a tad from how close she seemed to be. " This is where Vil goes to school? Oh-em-gee. I have to post this to Magicam! " she yelled.

" Hey, where are the Managers?! Didn't you see, there's a girl for Night Raven! " A male yelled, causing you to pause in your steps.

You furrowed your brows as you scanned the crowd cautiously. You agreed to the photo because it was mandated– yet, you seem to have forgotten what would come with it.

Irreversible fame, you realize.

" You there! Human! No running! And stop looking at your smartphone while walking! " a familiar voice yelled– making you, Riddle, and Trey pause as you turned to look for the source.

Standing off to the side with furrowed brows and what seemed to be a permanent scowl on his face was Sebek, arm held straight out as he yelled at guests to follow the rules– his voice loud and booming, making it easy for the guests to hear him.

Albeit, whether they listened to him was another story.

Contrary to Sebek, you noted Silver who stood poised and silent– lavender eyes staring guests down with equal sternness and kindness as he answered fervent questions with a soft tone. " The same-day ticket raffle is not first-come, first-served. Follow the staff's instructions and stay in line," he ordered, gently gesturing to the lines.