𝟑𝟎: 𝐒𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐚'𝐬 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐞

Chapter Thirty: Scarabia's Finale 

[ Schemer of the Scalding Sands Arc: End! ] 

You blearily opened your eyes, trying to calm your breathing as you looked around

You blearily opened your eyes, trying to calm your breathing as you looked around. Out of reflex, you attempted to flex your hands– but instead, squeezed something.

A glance down and you noticed yours and Jamil's hands were still entangled, perfectly intertwined.

However, it seems your single reflex had awoken Jamil, who groaned– rolling his head around as he slowly opened his eyes, squinting at the light the lanterns provided. " Where...am I? " he asked, voice rough and hoarse as he looked around.

Azul hummed, leaning over the both of you– steely eyes narrowing ever so slightly at your conjoined hands. " Oh good, you've both awoken– and you've regained your senses. " he sneered lightly, eyes still focused on your hands.

Jamil blinked owlishly at the male. " Both, of us? " he asked in a whisper, dark eyes looking around before they fell onto your conjoined hands.

With wide eyes, Jamil quickly ripped his hand out of your own, watching as Jasir slowly helped you sit up– blue eyes glancing at his form every once in a while with pursed lips.

You watched, wincing from the mild headache that was starting to appear– as Grim whined, ears and tail flickering. " Mrah....the monsters gonna be hauntin' me in my dreams," he said.

Your eyes flit to Kalim's form, who was sniffling, tears streaming down his cheeks as his red eyes focused on Jamil's form. " Jamil.... " he whispered– a voice so hoarse and scratchy from his crying, that it made you wince.

Floyd sighed, lolling his head to the side as he crossed his arms. " Somebody get Sea Otter a tissue already. Guy's equal parts snot and regret," he muttered, side-eyeing the silver-haired boy with mild disgust.

Jade sighed, glancing down at the silver-haired male. " I suspect all that talk about punching him has gone out the window as well," he muttered.

Tyrian frowned, peering on his toes as he watched the scene. " Aw, I was kinda hopin' to see it... " he whined.

You watched as Kalim continued to stare at Jamil with tears streaming down his face. " I'm...so glad you're alive... " he muttered, eyes welling up with tears again.

Jamil sighed, sitting up as he leered at Kalim through his lashes, hood encasing the top of his head as he leaned forward– palm pressed against the floor of the dorm. " Must you always be so dramatic? " he asked, exasperated.

Kalim frowned– seemingly not paying attention to what the male said, and instead, continued to apologize. " I...I never knew how miserable you were all this time. All this time... " he paused, body wracking with sobs and hiccups. " I never knew...just how much I put you through... " he muttered, glancing down at his hands.