𝟐𝟓: 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧

Chapter Twenty-Five: Paradise to Prison

[ Schemer of the Scalding Sands Arc: Continue! ]

You looked between Jamil and Jasir– who seemed to be having a stare-off right now

You furrowed your brows as you glanced between the two.

The fair warning Jasir set in stone for you was well within your mind– and so far, he was right.

Something was off about Jamil.

You just didn't know what, yet.

Kalim looked at Jamil, brows furrowed as he crossed his arms, ruby-red eyes looking at the boy. " What's going on, Jamil? Nobody told me to expect company! " he exclaimed rather loudly, causing Jasir to cast him a side glance.

Jamil blinked at Kalim. " Kalim, there's a good reason for this– I assure you. " the male said, eyes slightly wide at the sudden outburst.

You faintly heard the mutter of Grim about Kalim's behavior– but the thought made you curious.

Because, as far as you knew– this was how Kalim acted.

Nothing was off about him whatsoever. His body language was the same– the only different thing about him was his tone, and even that held nothing out of the ordinary for him, from what you've seen.

No malice was detected.

" How many times must I tell you to always inform me ahead of time when inviting guests?! If you had... " the boy trailed off before sighing dramatically. " I would have arranged for an even finer banquet and a whole band! " the boy exclaimed, making you blink owlishly.

Jasir chuckled lightly at his cousin's antics, eyes gazing at your rather confused state with fondness.

Although– he couldn't help but wonder why you were still on campus, and at Scarabia of all places.

Though from the way Jamil was continuing to glance at you, he had a fair assumption as to who brought you here.

Kalim grinned down at you, waving his hand about excitedly. " Hiya! Welcome to our dorm. Sorry for not throwing you a welcome parade! " the boy apologized rapidly.

You could only blink at the male.

What were you to say to that, exactly?

" Ah– Kalim, I think you're overwhelming her. " Jasir muttered, guiding his cousin away slightly, so as to give you space.

You gave the boy a thankful smile and nod.

" Kalim– nice to meet you, I'm Y/n L/n– although, I suppose you would already know that... " you trailed in thought.