𝟕: 𝐂𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐧𝐮𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐬

Chapter Seven: Chestnuts and Chicks

[ Rose-Red Tyrant Arc: Continue! ]

It was silent for a little bit after Riddle had left

The boys that sat at the table didn't know how to feel, specifically, Cater and Trey. 

They all heard and saw the ghost photo.

They didn't have any time to dwell on it before Grim broke the silence. " Yeesh! That was terrifying. That guy...has some serious issues. " he commented, arms crossed as they all watched you take your seat next to Cater.

Deuce frowned at the cat. " Hey, don't disrespect him! " he scolded.

Across the way, two Heartslabyul students sat at a table. " Is the house warden gone? " one asked, whispering. His friend nodded, eyes bouncing around the room in search of the tyrant. " I totally just broke rule 186, ' Never eat a hamburger on Tuesday. ' "

The boy leaned back. " I don't know what I would have done if he'd caught me! " 

His friend sighed. " I wish he wouldn't come here so we could at least eat lunch in peace. "

You furrowed your brows, watching Cater and Trey become silent.

Was Riddle really that bad? So bad, that his own dorm members feared him?

" Riddle managed to secure the house warden title before the end of his very first week at school. I know he can come off a bit harsh, but he's not a bad guy. Everything he does, he does because he thinks it'll improve the dorm. " Trey tried explaining.

Grim looked at Trey with half-lidded eyes, not amused. " Would a good guy go around putting collars on strangers' necks? "

Both Cater and Trey laughed nervously. 

Grim had a point. 

But, there was something about Riddle that rubbed you the wrong way, and it wasn't the fact that he scared people just by his presence. 

It was the fact that he was so up-tight about the Queen of Hearts rules. Sure, it could simply be him just wanting to follow them to a tee, but there was something more.

He looked almost uncomfortable when people didn't follow the rules and the opposite when they did. 

He tensed when people didn't follow them.

It was weird.

" So, what's Riddle's signature spell? I heard you mention it before," you asked curiously, piling your forgotten food onto your tray.

Cater hummed with a smile. " You're curious about Riddle's signature spell? " 

" That means, like, it's a spell that only he can cast, right? " Deuce asked for clarification.