𝟖: 𝐓𝐞𝐚 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐬

Chapter Eight: Tea and Collars

[ Rose-Red Tyrant Arc: Continue! ]

You groggily opened your eyes, making out the blurry figure of Deuce

" Y/n, wake up. The unbirthday party is today. If we're late, well, you know... " he said softly, voice trailing as he thought of getting collared.

You hummed slowly, sitting up.

You hummed as you rubbed your eyes. " That's right... the party," you murmured. 

Today was the day Ace would apologize to Riddle by bringing him a tart-- and hopefully, getting his collar removed.

You furrowed your brows. 

Something felt off.

You were broken from your thoughts as an abrupt knock on your dorm's door rang loud and clear through the quiet room.

Deuce perked up, turning his head to the door.

Thats right! You all decided to sleep in the common room, and you all ended up late playing games. Particularly, Old Maid-- which was not as fun as you'd hoped.

" Hmm? It sounds like you have a visitor," he said, slowly getting up and walking over to the door.

You fixed your hair as you saw Cater walk in, a grin on his face as he observed your tired form-- bedhead and messy pajamas, all in his view.

How cute, he thought.

" Good moooorning! Did you all enjoy your sleepover? Did you bond over pillow fights and card games? " he asked teasingly. 

From next to you Ace grunted. " Good morning, Cater. We did play some cards, yeah. But only Old Maid, 'cause that was the only one Grim knew how to play. " he said, shooting the cat demon a glance.

Grim frowned. " And I still got the old maid every time, dang it! "

Deuce laughed nervously. " Let's just say Grim doesn't have a very good poker face. " 

You hummed. The cat gave away all his cards with his face.

Cater nodded, following the conversation. " Well, you should get one of the tarts we made yesterday and go apologize to Riddle, Ace. " he suggested.

You frowned. " We made? " you whispered to yourself.

Cater laughed nervously, as though he heard what you'd said-- and chose to play with a strand of his hair. " And you should probably hurry because, after the trouble yesterday, we're a little short-handed. " 

Ace looked at the other ginger, confused. " What does that mean? " he asked.

Cater waved a hand flippantly, " Don't worry. I've totes got it under control. Anyway, off to the party we go! " he paused, eyes glancing at you. " Uh, after Y/n gets dressed. " he smiled.