𝟐𝟖: 𝐕𝐢𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐞

Chapter Twenty-Eight: Viper on Live

[ Schemer of the Scalding Sands: Continue! ]

After you got calmed down, the Octavinelle boys and Jasir helped you back to your room– gently shutting the door

You sat gently on the bed, a frown on your lips as Jasir sat next to you, worry evident on his face as he combed his falling hair away from his face.

Azul cast Jasir a strained look, clearly cautious of the male.

You huffed. " He's fine, Azul– just talk, he won't say a thing," you assured, moving your hands to take the flower out of your hair.

As you looked at it, you furrowed your brows.

Despite having received it days ago– it still looked as clean and pristine as it had when Kalim gave it to you.

It was confusing– unheard of, for a flower not to wilt without proper care.

And even then it was sure to.

Eventually.

Because good things never last.

Jasir, seeing the confusion on your face, gently traced a finger over the flower's petals. " Kalim must have placed magic on it– a simple self-preservation spell. Which...is a little confusing. He doesn't usually use it... " he muttered, eyeing the flower.

You hummed, pursing your lips as you stared at the flower– a question on your mind.

Your eyes swept to Jasir's own. " Jasir– what do Jasmine Flower's mean? " you asked, voice hushed.

Jasir hummed, glancing down at the flower before he smiled. " Jasmines mean Beauty, Love, Purity, Grace– in Scalding Sands culture, though, they also mean Happiness, New Starts, and Romance– considering this was a flower gifted to the Princess by her Lover in the story. " he fondly told you, eyes softening as he looked at it.

You hummed, letting your eyes dance over the flower a bit longer.

This flower– this pure, white flower– was– is, the first gift you've received in Twisted Wonderland that had no motives or means behind it.

It was simply just a kind gesture.

It was something you wanted to cherish.

Azul glanced at your figure before looking back at Jade. " Good work, Jade. Did you have your 'talk' with Kalim? " he asked.

He didn't exactly trust Jasir, in this aspect– but he saw the glowers Jasir and Jamil exchanged and the way you seemed to trust him.

It seemed you trusted him far more than you did any of them.