𝟑𝟖: 𝐈𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

Chapter Thirty-Eight: Invitations and Realizations

[ The Beautiful Oppressor Arc: Continue! ]

The boys blinked owlishly as they watched with furrowed brows as three men surrounded the blastcycle– one leering at you from the corner of his eye had Deuce gently grabbing your arm

" I've never seen a model like this. The wheel and cowl are both totally modded. " the male pointed out, leaning around the machine with interest– making his friend behind him scoff.

" If a blastcycle nut like you hasn't seen it, then who in the world owns this beaut? " a second man asked, hands tossed in his pockets lazily.

The third man– the one that has been leering at you this entire time– blinked owlishly as he turned back to his friends. " Can you drive a blastcycle without magic? " he asked.

The first man hummed. " You can't do as much with it, but yeah, you can ride it. It's got a technomantic battery as backup," he explained, pointing at it. " How do you not know that, anyway? That's blastcycle 101! " he sneered at the other.

Epel narrowed his eyes at the scene. " There's a whole mess o' folks eyeballin' our ride. Whaddaya reckon they want? " he asked cautiously, glancing at you and Deuce.

Epel– nor Deuce, for that matter– were naive to the looks one man was throwing your way. The way his lips curled up into a disgusting sneer– his eyes roaming your figure, stopping on certain parts of your body.

It was disgusting– and you visibly seemed both annoyed and disgusted by it.

Deuce paused, staring intently at the men. " We had to go all the way to Ignihyde for permission to borrow that– against Idia's better judgment, too. If I let it get damaged, I'm in serious trouble," he muttered, brows pressed together.

He doesn't want to know what Idia would do to him if the bike came back with even a scratch– the fact that Idia was a Housewarden hasn't escaped Deuce's mind.

" Hey! That's my ride, there! " Deuce called out to the three men, one hand pointing at the circled bike– the other tightly gripping your hand as a means of security.

For yourself, of course.

And you would be lying if you said the small gesture didn't make you smile– despite the situation you found yourself in.

The second male raised a brow, eyeing Deuce up. " Seriously? You're just some kid... " he muttered under his breath, voice trailing before his eyes widened in realization. His eyes quickly swept across each of you– eyes narrowing at you and Epel in particular as he took a moment to study your uniforms.

" I recognize those outfits...you all go to Night Raven College?! " he asked, almost in shock– especially at two girls attending, he thought.