𝟐𝟔: 𝐒𝐮𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐝

Chapter Twenty-Six: Sun and Sand

[ Schemer of the Scalding Sands Arc: Continue! ]

You know– running was never your thing.

To be fair, nothing athletic was.

So, it didn't shock you when you got caught.

Didn't mean you liked it, though.

You winced as a Scarabia student grabbed hold of you, pulling your arms behind your back, and keeping you in place.

Your eyes went wide as you tried to wriggle out of his grasp– panic surging through your body. " Let. Me. Go! " you screamed, doing everything you could.

It was no match, sadly, when he was behind you.

But you didn't like– didn't appreciate what it reminded you of. 

Grim's eyes widened at the scene, his berating against the student that held him coming to a pause for a moment.

The panic on your face was evident– the way your breathing picked up.

This was more than you just being angry or upset.

You were scared.

And so, Grim started his racket again– yelling and screaming– doing everything he could to get out of the student's hold.

" Settle down and submit quietly, you gray little street rat! " the student yelled, wincing as Grim attempted to bite him.

" Gray I'll give you– but I ain't no street rat! Lemme go! " Grim snarled, attempting to keep his eye on you.

The student that held hold of you glared. " Back to your room– the both of you! " he exclaimed.

The two students dragged you and Grim off down the hall– and then threw you into your 'room'.

Landing on the floor roughly, you looked up at the students who glanced at you from the doorway, the small glare of light emitting from behind them– making this seem like a horror movie.

It sure felt like one, anyway.

" Now stay inside and don't give us any more trouble! " the student holding Grim snarled, tossing the cat into the room with you, making you wince as he skidded across the floor.

The one that previously held you glanced at his friend. " Looks like the dorm patrol neglected to lock their room door," he stated, crossing his arms.

At that, your eyes went wide.

They were going to lock you in?!

The blonde-haired one narrowed his eyes as he huffed. " You'd better not forget to do it this time! If the house warden found out someone got away, can you imagine what he'd do to us? " he whined, both walking out the door.