𝟐𝟏: 𝐈'𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐕𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐧, 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐕𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐧

Chapter Twenty-One: I'm the Villain, You're the Villain

[ The Merchant from the Depths Arc: Continue! ]

You sighed as you opened the door to Leona's room, not looking forward to another shift at the Mostro Lounge

The last one was not fun. At all.

" Your job for today is to clean Leona's room. " Ruggie's voice suddenly announced, causing you to still in your tracks. You raised a brow at him as you gently shut the door.

" What," you asked, staring at the two. Ruggie stood straight, a hand placed on his hip cockily as he smirked at you, blue eyes gleaming.

Meanwhile, Leona lazed behind him in bed, stomach down as his head was propped between his hands, green eyes leering at you as his tail swished in the air behind him.

" What– did you forget you'd have to earn your room and board, Herbivore? " the lion asked you with a smirk.

You blinked owlishly for a moment before sighing.

You wouldn't argue, though– you did agree to those terms.

And, you would practically do anything to stay away from the Lounge as long as possible.

" Okay– what am I going to be doing first? " you asked, looking at Ruggie.

The hyena beastman grinned widely at you, snickering. " I'm glad you asked. " he grinned. " Start off by putting all of his randomly discarded clothes into the laundry basket, then clean off his desk."

You hummed, that didn't seem too hard.

" Accessories go in this drawer. Books go on that shelf. Once the desk is clear, wipe it off with a dustcloth. " Ruggie explained, pointing to where everything needed to go.

You huffed in amusement at the prospect– you weren't new to the idea of cleaning up, often having to after your Father or Brother, so this wasn't new territory.

You raised a brow at Leona as you began to bend over to pick up all the stray clothes strewn all over the place. " You're not a cub Leona– what's so difficult about cleaning up once done? " you asked, dumping the clothes into a basket.

Leona's eyes watched as you started to move to his desk, but not before you kicked a random, stray shoe away.

" Why should I? I got Ruggie to do it for me, after all– and now you," he replied, shrugging lazily as his eyes followed you.

You hummed, glancing at the lion. " You sound like my Father. " you pointed out, making the lion furrow his brows, a tiny, small little growl escaping his lips.

" Well, no need to insult me like that, Herbivore. " he spat at you, remembering your memories during his Overblot.

You ignored him in favor of rummaging through his desk. To your surprise, there was an abundance of jewelry strewn across it– all gold in color, and all very expensive looking.