Honesty is the Best Policy

"Hey Sam" I smiled as Sam had finally answered my FaceTime. "Hi," he said plainly, causing sadness to erupt in my heart. "What's wrong?" I asked as he is never like this towards me. "It's just that I won't be able to see you the rest of the week," he said sighing sadly, though it seemed fake. "What? Why?" I asked quickly, knowing that we can't ever spend one hour apart let alone a whole week. "So you know how my mom and dad recently split?" He said more than asked and I nodded. "Well, she's been really lonely since all the kids left and she said she was gonna come up to see me" I was happy that he was going to get to see his mom but sad because he is going to be gone for a week. "Wait, where is she gonna stay?" I asked, confusion written all over my face. "Well that's why I'm gonna be gone for the week"  He sighed. "She doesn't really have anywhere to stay and the only open hotel room she can find is in a hotel 3 hours away, with LA traffic by the time I would get there we would just have to go to bed so I'm going to be staying with her," He said as if he didn't care that he wasn't going to see me. "Oh,o-ok" I chocked back tears. "Well, I gotta go" I nodded, blinking away a few tears. "Ok, I love you" "Yeah, uh I love you too," He said plainly as he hung up quickly and I was left in our room, heartbroken. "What the fuck" I asked myself, distraught by the way he was acting. "What did I do," I asked myself as I balled my eyes out.

_____________________________

SAMS POV

"Wow, that sounded so real" I heard a slight sarcastic snicker from Celina. "Well it was, I actually love her unlike how I feel about you" I sighed and leaned my head on the couch cushion in frustration. "I know what will cheer you up" She smirked and started kissing my neck, trying to climb on my lap but I pushed her away from me. "I'm not in the mood," I said plainly as guilt filled my stomach. "Wha- what's wrong" She looked at me as if she didn't already know. "I've been cheating on my high school sweetheart for almost a month," the quilt inside me just building up, I never wanted to cheat on Mia, but Celina has dirt on me that I never want Mia to know about. "You don't really love her, if you did, you wouldn't have kissed Kendal," She said angrily. "I WAS BLACKOUT DRUNK" I yelled, getting angry. "Yell at me again, I'll send the video in a heartbeat" She looked me dead in the eye as I rolled my own. "Ya know what, I'll see you tomorrow. I'm leaving" I said getting up and walking out the door. "you better be back tomorrow or I swear to god Sam I WILL  send that video to Mia" "Yeah yeah" I rolled my eyes as I slammed the door. "Fuck" I slammed my head against my steering wheel. I started driving to my apartment thinking of how I could tell Mia about Kendal because maybe if I break the news to her myself it will soften the blow and she won't find out from that bitch. Maybe when I get home- no no that's too generic. I'll just wait til I get home. I groaned and kept driving.

____________________

"MIA I'M HOME!" I yelled as I walked through the door, no response. All I heard was quiet little sobs coming from upstairs and my heart sank. I quickly ran upstairs to see Mia crying on our bed.  "Oh baby" I walked over to her and cradled her in my arms. "W-what did I d-do" She sobbed into my chest, gripping my shirt. "What? What do you mean" I asked looking down at her. "Wh-when we hung u-up y-you sounded like you d-didn't mean i-it" My heart ripped a little bit, knowing that she thought I didn't love her even though I know what it sounded like. "Oh darling, I didn't mean it like that. I was very frustrated at the moment and I took it out on you. I'm so sorry" I pet her head, trying to calm her down. Maybe now wouldn't be the best time to tell her. "Ok, how bout we watch a movie, I'll make us popcorn and go out and get candy" She looked up at me slowly with red, puffy eyes. "O-ok" She smiled slightly. "Ok sweetheart" I kissed her forehead. "Pick a movie and I'll go run to the dollar store and get us some candy" She nodded. "What would you like," I asked as I started to get up "Cherry gummies, s-sour candy for us b-both, and a l-lot of ch-chocolate," She said as her tears started to dry. "Ok my love, I'll be back as soon as possible" She nodded and grabbed the remote as I walked out. How the fuck am I going to tell her? I thought as I walked to my car.

_________________________

I just got back to the apartment and decided I was just gonna break it to her. Give her the candy and let her hate me for the rest of my life. "Here you go baby," I said as I reached her the bag. "Thank you" She smiled, god that smile. "Uh Mia, I need to have a serious talk with you" I sighed shakily as I sat down, watching the smile on her face drop. "O-ok" I took a deep breath and place my hands on my lap. "Ok so uh, you remember that party I went to last week" Fear struck her eyes as if she knew what I was going to say. "Y-yeah" Her voice was shaky. "Well uh, I got really drunk. As you know" I said since she was the one who helped me through it after the party. "Yeah" "Well uh, during that party Kendal came up to me" Her face was now laced with confusion. "The girl that everybody says you're twins with"  The confusion quickly washed away. "No Sam. Pl-please, tell me you didn't" Tears welled in her eyes. "Please j-just listen" I softly grabbed her hands and continued to talk. "I have no memory of this but I saw a video of us k-kissing" She jerked her hands away and covered her mouth, muffling the hiccupped sobs. "B-but Celina is trying to use that against me and she's trying to get me to cheat on you with her" Tears streamed down her face as they began to well in mine. "W-wait so your m-mom isn't r-really here is sh-she" I shooked my head, looking down at the bed. "But please- just let me-let me explain"  She wiped her tears and just nodded her head. "I won't be gone all week. and the video is gonna be released tomorrow because Celina said if I don't go to her tomorrow she'll leak it" "So you're n-not cheating on m-me" I shook my head. "No, you are the love of my life and if she wants to leak that video then so be it. I would rather have a million girls think I'm a cheater than go the rest of my life knowing that I can't get you back because YOU are the one girl who thinks I'm a cheater" She smiled slightly and pulled me in for a tight hug. "I love you so much Mia, you have no idea" I pushed my head into the crook of her neck as her tears soaked my shirt. "I don't care that you kissed Kendal. I'm just glad that you didn't hide it from me or take Celina's deal" She smiled at me as she softly kissed my forehead. "God I thought I was going to lose you" I laughed as I wiped away a tear that slipped past my lid. "You'll never lose me as long as we continue to never keep secrets from each other" I smiled and nodded. "So about the movie" We laughed as we layed down in each other's arms. "Of course you would pick The Sandlot" I rolled my eyes playfully, kissing her forehead. "You know it baby" She smiled as she pulled out a thing of candy. "I love you" I sighed contently as we watched the movie in peace, honesty really is the best policy.

______________________________

GUYS I"M SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN FOREVER, I'VE HAD SUMMER LEAGUE PRACTICES EVERYDAY AND I HAVE A GAME TOMORROW AND I'M ALSO SORRY FOR THE LACK OF SAM CONTENT I TRY TO PICK WHICH ONE FITS THE STORY BEST AND WHEN THE IDEA COMES TO MIND COLBY IS USUALLY THE FIRST PEROSN THAT SOME TO MIND  BECAUSE MOST OF MY STORIES ARE ROUGH AND SMUT AND WHEN I THINK OF SAM I THINK OF A SOFT, LOVING, WHOLESOME BUT I WILL TRY AND WRITE THE SAM ONES I HAVE IN MY DRAFTS MORE THAN COLBY  SO I WILL HAVE MORE OF SAM, BYE GUYS!!!!!!!!!