I Never Liked Saying Goodbye

Chapter 5
I Never Liked Saying Goodbye
Your Point of View
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

I groan because Mabel is standing on top of me, practically jumping. I may need to throw up after this.

"GEEEET UUUUP!" she yells.

"I CAAAAN'T!" I yell back. Well, I can't. She's on me!

"Oh, sorry." She gets off of me. I climb out of my sleeping bag to see Candy and Grenda still asleep. It's dark out, too. I rub my eyes.

"Why did you wake me up this early?"

"Sorry..." Mabel lost her cheery emotion. Her eyes suddenly lit up. "Guess want I did."

"Oh, gosh... what did you do?" I ask. She grins evilly, making me a little scared. She pulls out the same book with the six-fingered hand that Dipper had yesterday. "Isn't that Dipper's?"

"Shhh..." Mabel shushes me. "Wanna see something cool?"

"Duh! Who wouldn't?"

"This is a journal," she says.

"What?! You took his journal?!" Mabel begins to die of laughter.

"N-No, i-it's not D-Dipper's journal... well, not exactly."

"Then whose journal is it?"

"We don't know." She opens the journal. "It has tons of secrets about Gravity Falls."

"Woah!" Ghosts, zombies, gnomes, some weird triangle named Bill Cipher. All these monsters and more are in that journal.

Mabel stops flipping the pages once she notices the difference in the hand writing. It's more sloppy, more childlike.

"Dipper," she murmurs. A grin grows bigger and bigger as her eyes continue to get closer to the bottom of what he must have written.

"Isn't this sort of invasion of privacy?" I ask. She slams it close.

"You're right." Mabel gives me the same evil grin. "You return it." She shoves it to my chest. My (H/L) hair flows forward as I fall back. I begin to laugh like a maniac as the journal lay on my stomach, my arms on top of it. Mabel laughs, too.

"Okay fine." I tighten my grip on the journal and stand up.

Mabel follows close behind me as we get closer to this so called 'Soos' break room'. Although this is a bad time to get nervous, I've never been this nervous before. This isn't running away from a pretty cute boy after taking his hat straight off of his head. This is sneaking into the room that the pretty cute boy is sleeping in and returning 'his' journal.

Mabel opens the door and pats me on the back. I slowly walk in, afraid of waking him. I look back at Mabel. She only waves for me to continue moving.

"Where was it?" I ask, whispering, almost mouthing it.

"Just put it somewhere. He won't notice," she whispers back. I nod and walk over to him slowly. I place it beside him on the floor. I check back with Mabel. She gives my two thumbs up then waves me back over. I silently run back, closing the door behind me.
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

I wake up to the actually morning. Mabel's still asleep, but Candy and Grenda just woke up.

The horn of a car rings in my ears. My grandparents are here, most likely. They'd be the only ones up this early, which I learned yesterday. I get out of my sleeping bag and grab a piece of paper and a pencil. I write the following:

Dear Mabel,

My grandparents have already arrived. I'll see you soon. It's been fun!

-(Y/N)

I place it on the dresser beside her bed. I get out of her room and bump into Dipper. I fall with a loud thump, followed by another.

"Are you okay?" Dipper asks. He grabs my arm and pulls me up.

"Thanks."

"Are... are you leaving?" he asks.

"Well, my grandparents are here. I-I left a note to tell Mabel. Should I stay here to tell her in person?"

"She won't be up for a long time," Dipper says. He laughs with his mouth closed.

"Oh! I... I have to go. Bye!" I say after a while of awkwardly staring. I admit it myself, that's weirder than weird.

I walk out to the car.

"How was it?" my grandpa asks, starting the car.

"Fine," I say, not really wanting to mention anything.

"Oh! Did your friend's brother talk to you any?" Grandma asks. The car takes off.

"Wait, she has a brother?!" Grandpa asks, sounding like a father.

"Of course! Don't you remember those twins that we saw the last time we were here?"

"Yeah."

"WAIT!" We barely heard the yell.

"Who was that?" Grandpa stops the car. The only thing outside the window is someone falling. I open the door to see Dipper. I get out and help him up.

"I... I never liked saying goodbye. How about... see you later?" I smile at him, hoping I didn't look ridiculous. I get back into the car. His eyes filled with sadness.

"See you later."