Hanging on by a Weak Thread

First of all, I have 13k reads on this piece of junk! I'd like to thank you all that is part of the 13k! Also, I'm not dead nor did I forget about you fabulous people.
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱
Chapter 20
Hanging on by a Weak Thread
Your Point of View
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

<Friday>

The only friends I've made this summer Grandpa shoved them in a box and sent them to Mexico! Not literally, it just feels like it.

We are currently sitting next to Grandma's hospital bed, and I've been glaring daggers at Grandpa for a while. The only time I stopped was when the doctor came in and told us that she's hanging to life by a very weak thread. Grandpa held me close, and we both broke down. It was the first time he had held me since I came to Gravity Falls. It frightened me at first, indeed.

"A weak thread, huh?" Grandpa asks, not expecting an answer.

"I hope not," I grumble. Or that'll be the only person I can and want to talk to gone.

The part that scares me the most is how lonely I'll be. No Dipper; no Mabel; no Grandma; and Grandpa and I aren't good friends right now. I brake down in tears at the thought. Why does life have to be so hard?! It's cruel sometimes.

Why can't I be the one hanging onto life by a weak thread?