I Wish I Didn't Know

Chapter 11
I Wish I Didn't Know
Dipper's Point of View
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

<The Next Day (Monday)>

Since (Y/N) has been coming over here, it's our turn to go where she's staying. We're no going uninvited. Mabel called to ask if we could come and for directions.

When we finally arrive at her house, Mabel knocks on the door as a slightly grumpy, old man opens it.

"Hi!" Mabel says.

"Hello," the man says. He pats Mabel on head and pushes my cap down a bit. "You kids must be hear to see (Y/N). If I were you, I'd be comin' over to see her as much as possible before Sunday. Now, come on in." The man walks on in. I fix my cap and allow Mabel to go in first. I close the door behind me.

"What do you mean before Sunday?" I ask.

"Oh, that's right, we just told her yesterday!" a cheery woman says, "She's leaving Sunday. Her (G) called saying that she can't stay all summer."

"Leaving?" I murmur, not wanting anyone to hear.

"She's in the guest room." The woman points to what must be the guest room.

We walk in, not able to see anyone.

"(Y/N)?" Mabel calls when I close the door.

"Yeah?" she says in a frightened voice. (Y/N) peeks her head out from what appears to be a closet. "Oh, hi!" She walks on out.

"Are you really leaving Sunday?" Mabel asks, sadly.

"Yeah." (Y/N) walks over and sits on the bed, followed by Mabel. I just stand beside them. "(G) called saying I have to, and I don't get a word in it." She lies back on the bed. "I wish I don't have to go, ya' know?"

"Actually, there was a time when we was supposed to leave Gravity Falls, but I do wish you could stay," I say. Mabel nods in agreement.

"Yeah. I really wish I could stay here with you guys."