Status: Match Made?

Chapter 7
Status: Match Made?
Mabel's Point of View
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

"Is it really that late already?" Dipper asks, brushing leaves and dirt off and looking at the clock. We just came back from another monster hunt.

"Yeah, I guess. What time is it?"

"Almost eleven," he answers.

"Well, I'm going to bed!" I say. I run upstairs and change into my pajamas. I am not going straight to sleep, though. I'm silently waiting on Dipper to ask him what he ran outside for this morning. Yup! I was up!

I hear the noise of footsteps coming up the stairs. It has to be Dipper. He opens the door and practically falls on his bed, crawling to the top. He face-plants on the pillow, his hat upside down on the pillow.

"So..." I start off, "why did you run out and chase a car this morning?"

"And you're bringing this up now?" he asks.

"It makes it more private when everyone else is probably asleep. Now, what was it? I really want to know!"

"Nothing. I thought I saw something."

"Really? You chased a car because you thought you saw something?"

"Yeah," he says, rising up from the pillow. "Now can we go to sleep?"

"Not until you tell me what happened when the car stopped!"

"Really?"

"Yes, really."

"Well, I fell. A door opened, and (Y/N) was in it-"

"Oh! Oh! What happened?" I question, squealing.

"I told her something, but she didn't respond at first."

"Keep going..."

"We just said 'See you later,' at that was it."

"Do you like her?"

"I don't believe in love at first sight, so how am I supposed to know?"

"WHAT?!"

"Shh..." he shushes. "Keep your voice down."

"I'm just so surprised that you don't know if you like her or not! You act weird around her and the same with her!"

"Goodnight," he murmurs as he gets under the covers and turns over to where he isn't facing me.

"Dipperrr!"

"Go to sleep, Mabel!"
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

Thank you for all the support this already has. I know you're probably thinking it isn't much but, still, thanks!