An Overprotective Grandfather

The romance is froming! Haha. I'm weird. You'll hate me...
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱
Chapter 19
An Overprotective Grandfather
Dipper's Point of View
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

The door opens and hits my foot, causing it to close again. I have no clue how, but I stay snuggled into her hair. The door opens again. This time, harder; pushing me down to the floor, on top of (Y/N).

"Uff!" we say in unison.

"Sorry..." I mumble into her ear.

"It's okay," she mumbles back with a reddened face.

The sound of a clearing throat snaps our attention towards the person at the door. Oh, man! This is awkward...

"H-hi." I try to be polite but only get glared down.

"Hi!" (Y/N) says and clenches onto the collar of my vest, yanking me down to her neck as my chin rests on her shoulder. "S'up!"

"I need you upstairs. Grandma isn't getting any better. Only worse. Please, go upstairs and help her out."

I can feel (Y/N) nod. She let's go of my vest and scoots away, leave just me and the man.

I look over to him, frightened.

"Call me Mr. (L/N). Nothing more, nothing less," the man says. Since (Y/N)'s staying with her grandparents for the summer, my guess is this is her grandfather. "I don't want to see you again, and I don't want you to see (Y/N) again. Is that clear?"

Something inside me just broke.

"But, Mr. (L/N)-"

"Butts are for sitting!" (Haha. Your grandfather reminds me of Sensei Wu! Wrong timing? Okay.)

"Crystal..."

"Now, take the brunette girl that's bedazzling my fridge and get out!"

⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱
"Harsh! I mean, I understand why you'd get kicked, but me?! I was just making their place shine!"

"Mabel, don't you get it? We cannot see (Y/N) anymore!"

"You can't. I can exchange your love letters!" she squeals.

"No, Mabel!" You'd read them! Then again, it's not that bad of an idea! No, no, no! It'd weird for Mabel to come in and say, "(Y/N)! I've got a love letter for you~! It's from Dipper~!" Yeah. I'm not doing that. "Not happening!"

"Aw! I'd love to see the cheesy stuff you'd write her!" See?

"Mabel, it's Thursday! She only has until Sunday, then we won't see her again! Now, we won't even get to say goodbye."

"WHAT?!"