Speechless Visit

[WARNING: last edited chapter]
Chapter 16
Speechless Visit
Your Point of View
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

I'm just going to give the Pines twins another day without me and go explore the rest of the town. Of course, I should have known I couldn't stay way from at least one of them. I grab onto the brass knob and try to pull it open. It's harder to open than usual. I yank harder to find another person on the other side. He fell on top of me, lips inches away. I realize whose dark brown eyes it was, which made me blush really hard.

"D-Dipper?" He gets off of me.

"Yeah?" he asks, helping me up.

"Why are you here?"

"I... I saw someone."

"Who?" I ask out of curiosity, hoping I didn't have a curious tone.

"Bill," Dipper answers as he searches for something in his vest. He pulls out that journal Mabel showed me. He opens it up, flipping the pages to one tittled Bill Cipher and points to the one-eyed triangle on the page. I remember that page as well.

"You saw that? It kind of looks like the thing off of the dollar bill..." I suddenly laugh at what I said, looking stupid.

"What?"

"I-is that how he got his name? Or was it just a coincidence?"

"I... I don't know actually. That isn't really important though."

"Oh. Okay then." I throw myself on the couch, listening for him to speak again. Only, all I hear is the creaking noise of the door closing. I look over to Dipper to see him closing the door I left open. "Thanks." He only nods and sits next to me. The awkward quietness feels as if we're giving each other the silent treatment. Oddly, I've never wanted to talk so much in my life. Normally, when I'm around a guy I like... like I feel really nervous and can't speak. Dipper's... different. I want to talk to him, and I don't feel nervous about it. Only, I have no idea what to say.

He got all up in my face. I mean, he cupped my cheeks and pulled me close. Our lips are probably closer than before. It all just happened so quickly that I almost screamed. Weird.

"Are... are you okay?"

"Yeah. Why?" Dipper lets go of my face and backs away.

"Bill kept talking about you. I... I just felt like he hurt you." Why is he so worried about me?

"The only guy that came here was some handyman. He wasn't a triangle." It became quiet again.

"Well, I'll leave." He gets up and heads to the door. I want to stop him, but no words came out and my body remands at the couch, forcing me to watch him leave.

The door closes with a click. I sigh.

"I'm an idiot."