𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 | ☆

Chapter Eight | River

↳ ❝ [The one time I fucked up] ¡!
✧. ┊ "Habits" by Genevieve Stokes

I sat in my truck outside of the after school club

I sat in my truck outside of the after school club. My arm hung out the window with the cigarette between my fingers. I stared into space in front of me. This couple walks past in front of the car and glares at me as they eye the cigarette. They were clearly talking about me and my face scrunched in anger.

They scoffed and I stuck up my middle finger making them gasp. I opened my mouth in fake shock and looked at my finger and them and then mouth 'fuck off' making them scurry past my car.

I took one last drag of the cigarette and then got out of the car, dropping the stick and crushing it with my shoe. I threw my hoodie over my head and blew out the smoke from my nose.

I walked to the front of the building waiting for the kids to get out. I crossed my arms over my chest and I saw Enzo ran out looking around frantically with a smile. I smiled waiting for him to spot me.

Once his eyes met mine his eyes lit up and he dashed towards me. I squatted down resting my elbows on my knees. He dropped his backpack and he crashed into my arm and his arm wrapped around my neck and he stuffed his face into my neck. I wrapped my arms around his body and stood up.

"Hi sissy." He giggled. I laughed rubbing his back rocking side to side. He rolled his face out of my neck and rubbed his nose with nose.

"Hi, my baby." I said softly. I grabbed his backpack and threw it over my back carrying it towards the car. He giggled and kissed my cheek repeatedly.

I felt someone tap my back making me turn around. I see a woman looking at me judgmentally. "What?"

"Hi, are you his mother? You look quite young."

I glared at her and my hold tightened on Enzo subconsciously and he laid his head on my shoulder and his other hand rubbed my cheek trying to comfort me. "Yea I'm his mom. What do you want?"

"I just think you shouldn't hold him at his big age." I glared and I heard Enzo scoff.

"He's nine. And mind you own fucking business." I gritted, making her gasp. She took off her sunglasses and put them in her head.

"Now young lady, you don't speak to your elders like that." I groaned and rolled my eyes.

"I wanted to go now, sissy." Enzo said. He looked annoyed at the lady. I rubbed his back and I nodded. I turned walking toward my car. The lady follows me yapping her fucking mouth away, making Enzo cover his ears. I set him in the car and buckled his seat belt. He kissed my cheek and I smiled, pushing his hair back and kissing his forehead.

I walked around to the driver's seat, and the lady stood in front of the door. "Move. Before I make you."

"Are you threatening me?" She pointed a finger.