𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐞𝐫 | ☆

Chapter Ten | Mason

↳ ❝ [Because you're beautiful.] ¡!
✧. ┊ "Juliet" by Cavetown

I woke up from the light breeze tickling my nose

I woke up from the light breeze tickling my nose. I snuggled into my stuffie before realizing I have school. At least it's Friday. And tomorrow is the birthday party.

I sat up and Astrid strutted onto the bed and sat on my chest. She's so sassy. I scratched her head and she purred. I sat her beside me on the bed and got up. Brian came in and notified me that my mother left for work.

I nodded and walked to my closet. River is going to be here today so I have to dress nice. I look through all my clothes before picking out an outfit. I go to my bathroom and wash my face applying toner, serum, moisturizer and my sunscreen. I brush my teeth and put on my retainers.

I put on my undershirt and a nice ironed tee. I put my dark blue sweater vest on with my black jeans. I put on some jewelry and put cologne. It is not to masculine and it gives off a floral scent but is also sweet. I hope she likes it.

I slip on my bunny slippers and head downstairs and see my dad laying down on the couch and sighing dramatically. I laughed. My dad loves my mother to death. Wherever she is he'll be there. But today he's off so he has to spend the day without mom.

"Good morning, dad." I said sitting down drinking some water with my vitamins. He groans and sits up.

"It's not 'good'." I laughed at him and patted his head.

"You'll be fine." I sat down at the table as he dragged his feet and sat at the table drinking his coffee. The cooks sat down with my happy face pancakes in front of my and my dad's omelet. I smiled and rubbed my hands together.

I cut up my pancakes and drowned them in syrup. "I'm going to drop you off today. Okay?" I nodded and smiled and stuffed my face with pancakes. I heard him chuckle and continued to eat his pancakes.

I love my dad. We don't have much in common but he always interacts with me. And he's always there when I need him. He bought me my first stuffie. Captain Blackbeard. He's a teddy bear who got lost at sea and battled the island people. That's why he has missing eyes.

I do feel embarrassed because he's very masculine and dominant. And I'm definitely not. I'm the opposite of him. My family is full of guys. I have a lot of guy cousins, a lot of uncles, but very little girl cousins. My aunt is my mother's best friend and they are coming to visit soon.

They come every holiday and birthday. So we get to see them often. I can't wait to introduce them to my friends. They ask me everytime they come over if I found a girlfriend or any friends. And everytime my answer is the same. But not this time.

It's alway no. But not this time.

I'm so excited to see River today.

I've been thinking about it all night.