𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 | ☆

Chapter Twenty-Seven | River

↳ ❝ [they were finally happy] ¡! ❞

✧. ┊ "White Ferrari" by Frank Ocean

"Fucking idiot! The Spider-man goes on the left side of the cake!" Fuck

"Fucking idiot! The Spider-man goes on the left side of the cake!" Fuck. This shit is stressful.

it's Enzo's birthday. He's turning nine. I miss his last two birthday so this has to be perfect. Nothing can go wrong. It's a surprise and Nic took Enzo to the mall while we set up. I spent five hundred dollars on his presents and Mason paid for this whole thing. I told him I could pay him back but he said no loud and clear.

"Sorry. You need to calm down." Callum said switching the side of the large Spider-man cut out. Nala, Bondi, and I whipped our heads up and Hudson giggled.

"What the fuck did you just say?" The three of us said in unison. He looked at us in fear and shook his head.

"Nothing. Nada. My bad." He rushed off to do something else. I groaned and took a breath.

The tables were covered in blue tablecloths with red table runners and little Spiderman decor in the middle. I bought three different cakes because I didn't know which one was better. There was his name above the three cakes with webs around them. A Spider-Man jumper, spiderman cake pops, spiderman cups, spiderman goodies bag. Everything was Spiderman.

He and his friends are having a sleepover so the house Mason rented has rooms with Spiderman decor in them. It had to be perfect. I bought Spiderman costumes for the kids and there's even fucking spiderman pizza.

Mason bought it—ten of them.

Everything was organized and categorized. All his friends were gonna arrive soon and we all had to prepare for his arrival. Nala and Callum were still beefing. Well, Nala was still mad at him. He tried to talk to her but her feelings were all over the place. We had Starbucks over it.

I looked down at the checklist with the pen tucked in my ear. I was so stressed out. This has to make up for the days I've missed. I miss too much. I've missed out on his years. I can't miss out on Enzo's.

I started to get lost in my thoughts until I felt little hands around my waist. I move the checklist out of my way to see Mason hugging my waist with his chin on my stomach looking up at me with an adorable smile. I smiled and ran my fingers through his hair kissing his forehead. We all were wearing Spiderman shirts with blue jeans and custom Spiderman Converse.

Why hasn't Converse done the Spiderman collab yet?

Anyways.

Mason stands on his tippy toes and kisses my lips with a blush on his face. I still can't believe that he's mine. I smile and kiss his nose making him giggle. Enzo's friend will be here soon so I have to get the area ready. Miles and Bondi smiled at each other as they made the desert nice and neat.