𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐤𝐢𝐝? | ☆

Chapter Twenty-Three | Mason

↳ ❝ [I can't wait to love you] ¡! ❞

✧. ┊ "I Only Have Eyes for You" by The Flamingos

It's been a couple since the situation between me and River

It's been a couple since the situation between me and River. I've never felt so empty and alone. It hurts to see her and knowing that she's okay but not being able to hug her or kiss her. We've exchanged nods and tight smiles. But never an 'I can't wait to love you' smile.

I was picking out an outfit for today when I stopped at the shirt River said she really liked on me. I held it in my hands for a while remembering her exact compliment.

You look so pretty in that one, baby,

I don't think I've ever forgotten anything she's said. I decided to wear it and I couldn't help but think about her. Every time I think about her tears fill my eyes. I let out a shaky breath and sat on my bed.

I hate not being able to hold her.

I wiped my eyes and my door opened revealing my dad. I didn't even try to hide the fact u was crying. He looked at me and closed the door sitting next to me. "Are you gonna tell me what's wrong?" he put his big hand on my back.

"I messed up. I-I miss her so much."

"What happened?" I looked up at him. Once my mouth opened. It spilled out our unspoken truths. My mistake. How there's a part inside of me waiting to love her, waiting for our future together. Us to be one. The only one we need. The pain in her eyes felt like thousand swords piercing through my flesh. I wanted nothing more than to tell her how sorry I was. Though the word sorry wasn't good enough for my love.

There's is nothing I wouldn't do for her. And I want her to know that. And my mind got the better of me. The only reason I believe the lies told by the witch is because deep down my heart was dreading it, believing that maybe I was nothing but a shell she admired from the ocean for a point of time but then put back after. I wanted to be the one she smiled at. The only one she looked at and admired. The one she took home.

Though I no longer feel that might not happen soon. I would eat Brussels sprouts before letting someone take her from me. And I absolutely hate Brussels sprouts.

They're so icky.

We have poems duetoday. And I know what I have to do. I did take a long to write my poem but it's for her. For to hear me. I changed my whole poem last night.

I'll do anything for her.

He rubbed my back as I leaned my head on his chest. "What do I do?" he sighed and rubbed my head.