Qi Xiaotian

" Qi... Qi....."

The one and only Monkey King felt himself groan, stirred from his slumber by a mumbling voice and hands running through his fur. "Hn..." he grunted at a particularly sharp tug of his fur that made his head lift from his pillow and flop right back down.

"Qi Diao? Qi... M-Miao? Toa... Noa? Koa. No..." those same hands that rudely awoke him were roughly grooming through Wukong's bare back and head, insistently tugging away dirt and any bug that might have found its way below the surface.

Rather annoyed to be awoken, Wukong grumbled. "Mihou?" He was on his stomach upon their lavish bed. Built himself to be a comfortable resting place for him and his mate. Though lately, he hadn't exactly been getting the best sleep with his mate's fussing. "Ow ow-" his face was roughly pushed against the pillows, muffling his angry tone. "Mihou!" He forced his face back up, kicking his legs feebly when he realized Liu'er was sitting on his lower back and grooming him painfully early in the morning.

Having taken this as a chance since his mate was both shirtless and laying on his belly, like a baby, Mihou had gotten into the cleaning mood. Carding his fingers through brightly colored fur, "You are filthy." he states simply, plucking another bug from his mate's fur. A past time he rather enjoyed. It was in moment's like these he was positive Wukong purposely avoided his own personal hygiene just to lavish in his mate's touch.

"Hmph..." Wukong laid his head on his side to peek back at Mihou, curious what was on his mind this time. "Thinking of the baby's name again?" he asked. He couldn't help but melt at the feeling of Liu'er tugs growing softer. Warm and perfectly coiling down his back. His thumbs dug deeper, pressing to tight muscles to loosen them. Wukong crooned, "Ooh right there."

His mate's hands were heaven, finding every knot along the King's back. A glimmer of surprise grazed his face, lowering to contemplation, "Yeah... I got part of it." he announced. They share a smile, Wukong's tail moving around his love's wrist curiously.

"Well don't leave me in suspense."

Liu'er chuckled, "Qi." he danced his fingers upward, curling against Wukong's back to cup his skull. The light from their window casting the two in a brilliant glow.

Warmth spread through Wukong's body, emptying out into his smile. "Qi." he says. "Cute, simple, elegant." he praised the name, imagining calling their child by it. A gift so wonderfully crafted and perfected by his own mate.

"That is all I have." Liu'er's smile faltered, a light dust of pink settling over his fair cheeks. All this time in thought and he still hadn't finished his own job of a name. It was months ago that Wukong announced the decision he had made for if their child was a girl; Ming Toa. The bed lurched without much warning, tipping the dark monkey. Falling forward, he waved his arms wildly when Wukong flipped below him, catching him against his chest.

"Don't worry so much~ You'll figure it out. You only got like... years." Wukong snorted and hugged his mate. His expression easy but assuring. "It isn't some race." since the Eclipse only came once a year after all. It was tough knowing they would have to wait so long, but it would be worth it in the end. "When you've nailed it, it'll feel right." he nipped Liu'er's cheek. "So stop attacking me when you get into your thinking process." he pouted, his breath tickling Liu'er neck.

The darker monkey lowered his head, smiling. Fully leaning against Wukong to curl into the blankets of their nest, legs and tails tangling. "Alright alright." he chided.

A few minutes passed, both basking in the smell and touch of the others. The sun began to creep through the blinds of their home, given a day off away from Azure's war.