Brothers and Shadows

"I really didn't think it would be this bad." Pigsy admits, tying his shoes. Beside him, Tang sipped his tea, watching their panicked friend Wukong circle the back room of Pigsy's Noodles in a fit. Setting down blankets, toys, and other things he had somehow managed to cram into his deceivingly small bag.

They decided the location for tonight's babysitting gig would be within Pigsy's own shop. This decision was made due to MK being comfortable here and for the fact that Wukong's place was apparently far outside the city. So Pigsy agreed Sandy and MK could stay here for the hours they were gone.

What he hadn't expected was for Wukong to turn it into a full blown baby environment! It was like baby central now!

"Makes the place rather homey." Tang mused, pushing up his glasses.

"I think you should keep it this way all the time." Sandy chimed in, getting a quick annoyed look from their Chef friend.

Standing with an easy composure beside them was Sandy, hands on his hips to watch Wukong. Having arrived 30 minutes before, he had happily chatted with Wukong the entire time. Everything seemed fine during it. Wukong was rather friendly, asking about Sandy's work and interests. You would think he was 100 % ready to head out to enjoy his evening- if Tang and Pigsy didn't know better.

The way Wukong hadn't once set MK down was pretty obvious to the inner turmoil the man was going through in readying himself to leave his baby for a few hours. At least the kid seemed to take a liking to Sandy, eager to play with his new blue friend. He liked that Sandy smelled like spices and tea. Plus, Sandy had his own little one with him. It was Mo, the recently adopted kitten Sandy had brought into his life.

Tang and Pigsy had first considered this creature as an emotional support animal for their friend, considering the man took it everywhere. As the weeks went on, it was obvious Sandy was treating the cat more like his own child then companion. Adoring it the same way Wukong did his own boy.

So of course, Mo was with Sandy even now, introduced to MK like Sandy was introducing his own offspring to befriend the child. "I hope you two can get along!" he gushed.

Wukong stared at the kitten in quiet contemplation, curious how MK would react considering his child had never really come into contact with any animal other than the Monkey's.

"Look Star, a Cat." Wukong gestured to Mo. "It's nice."

MK squinted his eyes, confused. This thing was like the monkeys, or like Pigsy and Tang. Lip contorted in a judging disgust, Pigsy was snorting at the very vocal thought process the kid was showing. "I don't think he's a fan." he laughed.

"Aww it's okay, MK." Sandy set Mo down to pat his back. The kitten's back arched to the affection, circling Sandy's ankles with soft mew's. Playful pawing at his shoelaces and taking in the change of scenery.

MK's tail poof a little, frowning. Forced to engage because his Father knelt down, MK wanted to hiss at the creature. It was furry but not a monkey. It was blue and made weird noises. MK whined when Wukong took his hand, holding it away from MK's body to try and get the child to pet the cat.

"Trust me, bud. It's okay." Wukong says, pressing MK's fingers against the back of the kitten.

An explosion of soft and silky washed over MK's senses. His fingers flexed, pressing insistently against the sensation. "...O...." he patted the kitten again, earning a delightful mew. The child's hand was nuzzled affectionately. The stern and unmoving glare melted, eyes alight with joy and lips curled into a pucked smile. MK sharply chirped, shocking all in the room at the boy.

"Um..." Wukong paled, "W-What a silly sound you made, MK." he laughed, hoping no one-Tang especially- questioned what that was about. "!!" surging forward to snag his child, Wukong grunted when MK pushed away from him to try and leap at Mo. Squeaking and trying to wiggle towards the kitten to play.