Kind and Patient

"Okay Xiaotian, you won't get into trouble if you just put me down, right now." Wukong says.

His child kept walking, his hand firmly gripped around his Father.

In truth, it was Wukong's own fault. In an attempt to dazzle his boy, he had shrunk himself to the size of a small action figure. Taking this as a means of a new toy, his son grabbed hold of him, and had since kept him prisoner. The Monkey King could easily change his form, of course, but certainly not while his cub was holding him. He might hurt him. So, until he was released, he was stuck like this. "Qiiii." he grunted as the child continuously slammed him against Ke, Monkey Doll. All while babbling as he played with his "toys". The rush of both his own scent and Liu'er was sharp on his nose...

Limp like a doll, Wukong groaned. He leaned against Xiaotian's hand, patting his child's fingers and trying to tickle them. The sensation didn't seem to both his boy though, who dragged both him and Ke around the temple.

It had been a few days since they moved in. The place was really starting to come together. Clean and sprouting new flowers here and there due the combined efforts of his clones and him. Protective seals had also been placed after a few overnights so Xiaotian wouldn't know where they were and accidentally ripped them off.

"Alright-" Wukong snapped his fingers to catch the cub's attention. Pools of black eyes, filled with little stars gawked at him.

He gave his best smile, "Qi. Daddy needs to go back to cleaning, okay? So, just open your hand." he opened his own hand to show his child. "See? Open. Just open your hand." he watched the gears slowly turning in the baby monkey's head. Suddenly, Ke dropped from his grip as he opened his other hand. He cursed a little. So close! "Now the other one." he pressed. "Come on, bud~ You can do it."

Qi Xiaotian scratched his belly a little, staring at his father. Instead of opening his palm, he leaned down and kissed Wukong's head. Wukong slumped in defeat. "G-Good boy,' he says, ' cause clearly he was going to praise that!

Brought closer, against Xiaotian's chest, his cub began to sway. Chubby legs turning his little body back and forth as he cradled Wukong of all things. "Sshh shh." an odd noise came from his child's mouth. What was he doing?

After a few moments, Wukong realized. Was he pretending to console him?? "Oh Star- no. I'm fine. I'm fine!" he huffed, kicking his legs feebly. Eventually sighing and just letting this happen. It was cute though- how much Xiaotian mimicked him, not realizing how much his actions seemed to affect the child. "Alright kid, just this once." he nuzzled his baby's chest and indulged in the smell his child seemed to emanate.

In time, he was finally released. All it took was drawing his kid's attention to the apple he had left on the table. His greedy little monkey was already scurrying over by the time Wukong changed back into his normal size. "C'mere you." he snagged the little one, puffing his cheeks out. "What am I gonna do with you?" he wondered.

Qi Xiaotian cooed with apple stuffed cheeks, not seeing what the issue was. "Da?" He offered his apple half. Wukong frowned, taking a small bite and chewing grumpily. Xiaotian gave an expectant wag of his tail. "...Thank you." Wukong cleared his throat. Right, always say thankyou when given something.

Putting his child down, Wukong grabbed the hammer. He returned to his task at fixing the smaller and larger holes that cover the roof above them. As he did so, he could see Qi, his little MK, waddling out of the steps and out the open door. He seemed to love walking now far more than crawling, even if he was faster when on all fours.

Sauntering down the cobble steps to where he left his newly given chalk, MK sat down to grab one. His new favorite obsession was coloring the temple in a bath of color and delight. Scribbles and wobbly shapes swirled in every patch of room that MK could reach. He'd use the chalk until it was barely a few centimeters in his hands.